Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

It is easier to remember

what I never thought I knew.

Like the habit

of shutting my mouth,

watching you.

The haruspex found the conversation difficult. And though he knew it was his duty to move past such uncomfortableness and query, he was willing to let Hotaru take the lead. She explained away her misstep easily enough. She was deft and a skillful spokeswoman for the herd. Ashamin could only speak of its greatness and what he knew.

With news such as this reaching his ears, perhaps it would soon become difficult to say such things and be speaking truth.

But nonetheless, he could watch over their meeting now with contentedness and quiet curiousity. He was perfectly happy to fall back into his old silent habits, for the time being, as Demothi and Hotaru volleyed grander questions. He could learn from such a conversation without being an active part of it--he could go back to how he had been, before.

Lochan's bright eyes were carefully observing their company through the yellow tongues of flame. He would take in what his bonded did not. Someday, he could tell Ashamin all the things he missed. Like the wavering doubt in the words that were spoken, the faint traces of manipulation. These were all shifts in tone the young cerndyr could recognize. These were all things Ashamin could willfully, unconsciously, ignore.

When their words died down, Ashamin lifted his head slowly and set his tail against the cave floor. "Last I hear, Demothi, Lena and Enna were planning a lesson in the Heavenly Fields for all the healers. Perhaps, when the season turns to a warmer time, you might find them there," he advised quietly, hoping the new recruit would follow the suggestion. It was good for the herd to have such frequent lessons, but what good would they be if they went unattended?

Ashamin
on his own

rainydoll-stock | webtreatsetc | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Demothi @Hotaru

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
[WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Ashamin - 09-09-2015, 06:24 AM