the Rift

[OPEN] When you wake up a different person

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
If I had a heart I could love you
If I had a voice then I would sing
The sound of a sigh pulled him from the darkness of his own imagination, and he jerked his masculine jaw toward the sound, bronze eyes narrowing. Whoever deigned to disturb this moment and his thoughts would face his wrath, and the stern lines on his face did nothing to hide his anger. That was until he saw who was striding toward him, all feminine curves on a warrior’s frame. When he decided to venture underground, the last one he thought to find here would be a judgmental creature from above. What was she doing down below? So deep in the shadows where she did not belong?

Ulrik stilled beneath the water, letting the rivulets snake down the harsh planes of his features, and he dared her with the intensity of his stare to come closer. And come closer, she did. The red hue of her coat was dampened in the black of the cave, and her woefully solid hooves slid through the glassy surface of the pool, tainting herself in the sins of this night.

He did not meet her halfway.

No, he waited for her to make her move, listening to her perfect voice fill the void in a way that was not obnoxious. A single, dark brow rose, and he cocked his head slightly to the side, as if that would help him contemplate the answer to her query. The pale orbs in her shapely skull seemed to glow in the dark, an unnerving feature that excited more than frightened the engineer. He wanted to know how they were the way they were, but he would lament the tragedy of ripping them out just for a study. No, they belonged where they were – staring at him.

Black, velvet lips curled up on one side in a languid smirk. “Is darkness not where I belong?” he asked, referring to their earlier conversation where she seemed convinced that he was a devil, some kidnapping and violent fiend. She had not been wrong, not exactly. But, for some godforsaken reason, he actually cared about her opinion. The tone of his voice was a deep rumble, vibrating the very waters below.

What would she do, he wondered? A soft, black muzzle reached his direction, but she seemed to be caught up in some moral dilemma that prevented her from action. Then, she drew away. Fortunately, Ulrik was not mired in the same argument, and he took a swift step forward, beginning where she ended. The engineer curved his neck over her back and tried to get close, to feel the warmth of her skin against his clean, marked hide. Even her scent was thick from here, clouding his mind like fogs of addiction.

Somewhere he knew this could not be reality, but why could it not be real? He closed his eyes, letting thick lashes fall to his cheeks, focusing on the sound of the waterfall striking along his back. Then, he cracked open an eye to look her way, smirk reappearing. “Am I making you uncomfortable?”
He couldn’t honestly know if he was feeling anything other than amusement, but… he was trying. That counted for something, right?

Maybe his attempts would settle into reality…

Ulrik gazed into her eyes, waiting for the emotion to ‘happen’. He didn’t know if it would. He probably wouldn’t even know what it felt like if it did.

@[Essetia]

image credit

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
When you wake up a different person - by Ulrik - 07-14-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: When you wake up a different person - by Ulrik - 07-18-2015, 10:17 PM