the Rift

[OPEN] Believe

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I gave a bark of laughter, shaking my head and listening to her spew the obvious like that. “No, they shouldn’t,” I said, absently stalking off to the side, not noticing the way she was edging toward me like that. My eyes trailed the trees silently—curious and blank and still pissed and off about everything. “You’d think, them being gods, they’d have their shit together a lot more than they actually do…” I was voicing a dangerous thought, an idea that I never really let passed my lips—but right now I was in the company of someone who might appreciate the calamity in my words instead of hearing something blasphemous. “…but I guess if they did, we wouldn’t have been born, huh?”

*"What if we let the fort just go to hell? And why shouldn't we? There are consequences for our actions, why not theirs? Right?"*

I looked up at her--shocked a little that she had said that, cuz it was the sort of thing that I thought and I didn’t think she was capable of that kind of brash sense. “Do we have a choice? I asked her, biting the question as my eyes cut up into her face, “It’s like…okay, yeah, we’re being driven crazy by something that feels absolutely wrong but what the fuck can we do about it? Run around screaming like a chicken with its head cut off? And who will that help?”

I paused mid-snort, looking at her, posed like she was about to do some shit, or that she was so proud of herself for coming to this realization. I cocked an eyebrow at her, thinking about her words—and what they might mean in between the lines. “What? ‘S there something you wanna do or…?” Ideas for fucking shit up? Flying the middle finger? Was this leggy, bushy-maned nerd even capable of shit like that?.

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Believe - by Isopia - 07-15-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Believe - by Roskuld - 07-16-2015, 02:31 AM
RE: Believe - by Isopia - 07-16-2015, 10:49 AM
RE: Believe - by Roskuld - 07-16-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Believe - by Isopia - 07-16-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: Believe - by Roskuld - 07-17-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Believe - by Isopia - 08-11-2015, 04:37 PM