the Rift

[PRIVATE] BETTER WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Ampere & Zèklè
She should have known what her advice would do. Like any colt he did exactly the opposite of her warnings, and so he tasted the tongue of ice. Laughter was what she met his own fearful giggles with, and she had half a mind to get up and leave him like that for a short while, teach him a thing or two about listening to his mother. She was not so cruel though, not on such a lovely day and not with such a child as this that filled the world with happiness. So instead Ampere brought her nose towards his, chin resting on the ice, laughter still bubbling up from time to time as she looked at him. Her assistance was still not immediate, letting him wallow in his decision for a bit before she slowly but diligently worked to free him by exhaling her warm breaths on the ice around him. It would melt enough to weaken the frosty grip, and ideally he wouldn't pull so hard as to leave some of his tongue behind, but even if he did, maybe it'd make him all the wiser.

When he seemed free of his trap Ampere worked on standing. She had little advice for this, the struggle an inevitable display of gangly legs and knowledge that horses weren't meant for ice. It required patience and slowness, balance and caution, but eventually Ampere got to her feet, aided by her wings. "Careful little lightning," she advised, though he was probably better off than she was with his lower center of balance. "Let's get back to the snow!" she advised, carefully picking her way over the frozen water, slipping from time to time when she hit a smooth patch or watched her boy. At once point she even pulled her shield down from her back, expanding it and using it like a sort of sled to get her back off the ice faster.

Leaping up onto the bank she glanced back for Zèklè, smiling. "Be glad it was thick this time," she warned, more serious now that they were safe. "Ice may not always hold your weight and then you can fall beneath into the water. It's why the desert is safe, no ice." She nodded, a desert dweller at heart - the snow and the cold had never much appealed to her.

"Now!" she exclaimed, wanting to keep the day light, "I almost forgot to tell you about the shield I found." Ampere's eyes glittered as she wielded her metal prize, reaching out to blow on her son's scruffy mane and gently touching for the smooth muscle of his neck. "I was hoping you could name it for me. All good weapons need names, especially if she's going to protect a lot of horses."

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
BETTER WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER - by Zèklè - 07-21-2015, 07:13 PM
RE: BETTER WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER - by Ampere - 08-20-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: BETTER WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER - by Zèklè - 09-02-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: BETTER WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER - by Ampere - 09-13-2015, 11:47 AM