the Rift

now we've got problems [knox]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Is it close?

He can't tell her no. But it's not close. It's far, very far, and it is true she might not have it in her. But this place isn't safe anymore, he can feel it in the tightening of his chest and the rising of shadow and cold. He has to get her out of here, and he has to get her someplace warm. Aylin doesn't have to know that it's the site of his mother's murder, not now. She doesn't have to know how long it will take to get there, and how many horrors they might find along the way.

"It doesn't matter," he tells her, voice shaking when he turned back to watch her slowly rise. Knox is beginning to lose focus and control--his bridle feels tight, like a prison and cage upon his features. He wants to be rid of it and all other burdens. He wants to be someone else, with Aylin at his side as the one he has for so long wanted to be with, the one he has for so long denied himself.

He doesn't think he deserves her. But he remembers the night now, when all this came about. And he remembers saying Dovev's lie, his confession of love. And he remembers screaming from inside his shut-door mind that it was truth, for him.

Manhattan is circling them, a watchful protector over this pair of two innocents, two somehow lovers after so long apart and in pain. "I'm going to take care of you," Knox goes on, forgetting about all else. "And when we get there, I'm going to tell you everything I should have said before."

Manhattan has started to move ahead, but she hears this and stops.

What is he going to tell Aylin that his companion doesn't know? What does he know now that he didn't know before? And what is this burning in the black dog's breast, this jealous hurt, this betrayal, at having had a secret like this kept?
And I Will Laugh Until I'm Tired
I Will Battle With a Strange Desire
image credits

Messages In This Thread
now we've got problems [knox] - by Aylin - 07-22-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: now we've got problems [knox] - by Knox - 07-22-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: now we've got problems [knox] - by Aylin - 07-22-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: now we've got problems [knox] - by Knox - 07-28-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: now we've got problems [knox] - by Aylin - 08-12-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: now we've got problems [knox] - by Knox - 08-16-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: now we've got problems [knox] - by Aylin - 08-19-2015, 12:28 PM