the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come As You Are

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
His calm demeanor as he spoke to her almost gave the naive splashed the chills, for his words of the warrior life, the way he mused over his memories almost fondly, was so great. Any male who spoke of his mother would be looked upon with great admiration but the fact that Reginald had been trained by his mother in order to fight did not cease Anzanie's chilly shivers deep within her gut.

But I have never been tried in a war.

His words and the sigh that followed gave her an almighty shake within that she was close to someone who felt what could be taken as demeaned for not having put his deadly talents into action. She stared at him with wide pale pools of fright and wonder. The rumble from his chest only furthered the turn of the tide where she thought she had been a bit safer.

What swayed her back, however, was his willingness to fight for his herd. For this she tilted her cranium towards him and let her pools quieten down back into their sockets as they watched the frightful stag embrace a smile. And talk of his yearling sister. I wonder what she would look like, Anzanie thought with a tender curiosity. It seemed that the steel brute was not a sight for sore eyes; would the female relative be the same?

Our mother died just after giving her birth.

The splashed fae took a step back, aghast with shock that she did so. And the way he was so matter of fact about it scared her. How did he lack so much emotion? Anzanie remained silent and dipped her skull towards the ground in respect of Reginald's mother, and that she could not say anything that she felt would impact positively on their encounter.

His words surprised her, however. What had come next threw her back like heavy winds, and Anzanie stood there with so little to keep her weight from falling to the ground in shock.

They probably think of you too... of their lost sister and daughter. Perhaps you will find family in the Edge that will come to love you in the same way.

What was he saying? The princess realised that she had actually not even spoken yet, and had remained silent as she listened to his rumbling voice, and for this she was both obliged and compelled to answer,
"I hope they do think of me, like I think of them," her voice was soft and hinted at the freshness of her youth, "and one day I hope I do find my own family within the Edge, that would be my greatest achievement. The splashed smiled lightly as she thought back to her kin she had been snatched from, and to her new life at the Edge. Could they really replace what she had been so content with?

She then brought her attention back to the steel brute as he shook his heavy tassles. And she noticed the bird yet again that strode him. The splashed wondered how she could ever forget such a terrifying looking creature, but then again she pointed out to herself that it was next to Reginald. Her thoughts over his worryingly large demeanor broke out into fact as he spoke again:

Aren't you cold, Anzanie?

A little shiver gave away her discomfort in the cold she had never experienced before. Frostfall here was nothing like she had known. But the husk in his voice made Anzanie believe that she was completely missing the point of his question, especially as she eyed the stag that stood before her, "I, no... why- why do you ask?"
Image Credit

@Reginald - I'm so so sorry I took so long! Busy busy busy xD
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Messages In This Thread
Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 07-23-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 07-24-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 07-29-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Reginald - 08-11-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Come As You Are - by Anzanie - 08-18-2015, 07:10 AM