the Rift

So, what am I? [ Open]

Riptide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Who are you to tell me what I should and should not be?

I am alone. So very alone...

And that is more then just a statement, more then what you could understand. My loneliness is unorthodox and to understand it...you would have to know that I haven't ever...been me. And you have no idea how many levels of wrong that this is. Sure I've always had my own thoughts but I've never been alone with them as I am now. I keep expecting them to tell me ' calm down',' Peace', ' rest you brat.' There impressions won't leave me. I had always been a part of something more, of someone. There were always others and they were me as much as I was them. We guided one another same as the strings of an instrument made a song. Forever in harmony as one.

We were Everleen. Till we were were broken...scattered...murdered...

And what sort of madness have I descended into trying to explain this to you? It's a waste of my time because you don't need to get it. How could you possibly understand anyway?! How much this hurts me! It's not your business... but if you want to know something, well guess what?

I'm majorly pissed off.

" What the fuck is this!?!?" When the white light vision of my birth reseeds I remain blinded by the frothy sheet of this world, eyes recoiling, blinking, and zoning in on two dark figures that I'm apparently standing on. Oh legs, I think. My outburst is directed at the fact I can't see and I don't know what the hell I'm looking at when I realize that I'm bound into a form. Did I mention I've never been solid before? Through my blurry vision I can only denote a few colors –a deep dark blue and white mingled together. What the hell?!?! Am I a blueberry slushie? If I am then I'm a giant, sentential slushie and that sounds like a horrible joke. Whoever did this, I've shit to deal with you!! I look at myself, trying to figure out what happened to me, what I am, and what caused this in the first place but I'm distracted when the form shakes...shivers, that's the word. A sensation consumes me and to my displeasure it seems to be biting me - everywhere.

" Damn it, its cold!" I grunt, gritting my teeth - whoah teeth- and noticing as the chill attempts to reach inside me as I breath, wholly aware of how the chest of this form expands as it inhales the cold air and exhales it out the same place it entered and continued the pattern naturally. I find the conjoining of the cold and the warmth of this body both offending and reassuring - it proves I'm not a slushie afterall." Gods, no wonder everyone complains about it. Brrr."

More instincts seemed to be activating the older I got, piecing me together into a more functional form of whatever I was from whatever primordial soup I had been concocted from. And it turns out that isn't exactly a metaphor. When my eyes finally adjusted I saw that I stood in a devastation of shattered ice ontop a frozen river with a gaping hole standing vigil right behind me. I regarded it cooly, staring at the dark water sluggishly moving past within it. So, that was my source. But why? Why did I spring here? Why was I BOUND?!

That caused a jolt in me. I was bound...and yet I was free. This was not the magic of the pursuer. This was something else...something defensive that I did. But what -? Oh... I remember now. It was a barrier. I had felt it grasp at me and freaked thinking it was that monster and transformed into this to escape from it. I'd seen one before not that long ago too, hence why I went with it. Ah, that made sense, but for the love of god what the hell –

" Oh. I'm a horse. With a horn. I get it now."

OOC: It should be known that Riptide is originally a water elemental and Helovia's 'barrier' or dispelling of magic from other lands has trapped her in the form of a unicorn. She was also part of another being, Everleen, a Grand Water elemental that was spilt apart into essences that in turn were being hunted down by an unknown pursuer. Hence why she's kinda all over the place with her thoughts. She's not used to being her yet and this is an experiment character for me. I just hope this isn't all jibberish

"Talking "Thoughts "

Messages In This Thread
So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 07-25-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Glacia - 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Thranduil - 08-19-2015, 11:10 PM