the Rift

So, what am I? [ Open]

Riptide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Snazzy quote can go here!

"Technically speaking, you are a unicorn. But I guess that can be a subspecies of horse, yeah. I'm Glacia. Do you need some help?"

The words rip into my world like a strike of lightening, the acoustic nature of them sounding harsh enough in these strange ears to cause another jolt in my body as it shattered the silence around me . But I guess you could just say that I was caught off guard to find that I wasn't alone. In an instant my ears flatten themselves to my crown and my bound form tenses into a state ridged as the ice I stood ontop on, nostrils flared with a deep frown that curved into a sneer. It seemed the only natural way to respond once I actually figured out what she had said. Someone found the wrong time to joke, if that was what it was suppose to be. It felt like it because who says things like that? A subspecies of horse? Did I ask for specifics? While it did answer a question - and a puzzling one at that- I couldn't help but be annoyed. I don't care if I mused aloud. Of all the things I needed right now, technical speech wasn't one of them.

I smirk, blasting a  cloud  of steam forcefully from my lungs. There is something satisfying about pushing air; it felt like a viable medium to thoroughly express my feeling of annoyance and amusement. My head cocks slightly in the girl's direction as I leered at this creature in my presence, eying her head to toe. Hmm, so she was a 'unicorn' too. A feeling of vague familiarity overcomes me and I can't help but feel that Glacia was the one I'd seen not long before and gave me the idea of this for this creature I apparently was.

"And just what piece of literature taught you to speak, huh?"  My voice comes out as a brusque growl ,a sneer, without a thought, but it softens immediately and assumes a musing tone after a  moment's breath as a revelation hits me just as fast. "But you know what, I kinda like it. Might kinda need it, actually. But first, I'm getting off this." This mean the river ice.  I was suddenly getting an uneasy impression about standing on it, acutely aware I was sorta levitating above running water on it. try to take a step forward.  It was a disgusting feeling, this inner working of muscles, and I tremble uncertainly with sheer inexperience but I manage it - barely. I was almost proud, landing that, but guess what else I'm uncultured in - how slippery ice is. I did - technally ( wow, this going to be my favorite word?) know of its treacherous nature but you could say that the experience was secondhand, maybe even third. I should have remembered but someone forgot to remind me...someone couldn't remind me anymore.

I slip sharply to the side but I catch myself with a stomp hard enough  to crunch into the surface of the ice. The profound frown on my face was a perfect summery of how I was feeling. I wasn't having any of this slipping shit today but the grinding of ice fragments beneath my hoof was both satisfying and enlightening. I test out my other limbs with an equally fierce stomp into the ice and get the same crunch from every corner with the river ice punching back true and strong. I twist a hoof  to test the grip and found it quite to my liking and proceeded to stomp my way forward to the shore in a power strut. The wonders a little grit can do.

I turn my gaze to Glacia and considered what I should ask of her. Their were a number of things I wanted to the answers to but too many of them were personal and I wasn't going to screech at a child about them. Yeah, actually looking at her it was obvious she was a  little kid. Hard to say whether or not that mouth of hers was going to be a pain but I needed that mouth to speak some sense to me. I needed some facts.

" So, what is this place and who are your Gods? "

That seemed straight forward to me. I was too acutely aware that I was... stuck in this physical form. My power had been stolen from me and that was why I was bound as I was. Thus, my mission is simple - punch a face and get them back because I'm not asking kindly for what is already mine.

"Talk?" "Talk?"
[@Glacia]

Messages In This Thread
So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 07-25-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Glacia - 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Thranduil - 08-19-2015, 11:10 PM