the Rift

So, what am I? [ Open]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Harsh words and the sound of crunching ice found the elephant’s ears. An interesting combination. Interesting enough to draw the lumbering giant towards it. It seemed he found himself often in the threshold as of late- probably because he had needed someone to find him so badly when he arrived here.

So his large, onyx hooves trampled through the contrastingly white snow. Today the banks didn’t seem as large- or perhaps he was just getting used to them. But not the cold, he still abhorred the cold. He likely always would. Though he found it easier and easier to control the grouchiness it inspired in him.

And, upon reaching the source of the commotion that broken the snow’s stillness, his grouchiness was entirely forgotten. A black filly stood on the bank of a frozen river. And black mare, with the most impressive horn, was crunching across its surface. Deep blue eyes widen in surprise, and he eyes the ice. Was it solid all the way through? It didn’t appear so.

He snorts as she slips, thick nostrils sending clouds of condensation in the chilly morning air. At least the sun hadn’t been beating down on the ice to weaken it. In fact, it probably thickened overnight. “Aye mare, take care on that ice. I’ve seen a leg broken on a less treacherous surface,” his deep voice rumbles, concern replacing the usual good humor it carried.

Sweeping strides carry his silvered, heavy body to the edge of the ice, alongside the horned filly.  She looked to be a yearling, judging by the length of her tail, “I think each newcomer I meet here is more nutty than the last,” he mumbled humorously under his breath to the young one and himself.

At the striped mare’s question a small, lopsided replaced the shocked concern on his broad face. “You’ve landed yourself in Helovia. I am Tembovu, and welcome,” his thick black horn parts the air as he nods his head in greeting, “Our gods are the lovely Lady Moon, the goddess of the night. And her brothers: the ever-calm Earth, the fervent Sun, and the unpredictable Time god.”

He pauses, his low voice ceasing as he eyes the mare. She’s peculiar, to be certain. But not just from her blade-like horn or striped legs. She moves as if she is uncertain, and she starts at stimuli- not from fear, but from surprise. As if its new. As if everything is new. His head cocks slightly to the side, “Are you alright?” She was acting almost like the soldiers who ate the mind altering roots of his home, Dorobo. His gaze narrows as he studies her and awaits an answer.

ooc| Hope you don’t mind me dropping him in here! @Riptide @Glacia
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 07-25-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Glacia - 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM