the Rift

So, what am I? [ Open]

Riptide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Caught in the undertoe, where am I to go but below?

I've attracted a party it seems. I was waiting - patiently- for Glacia's response but another voice chimes out instead from another mouth with a tone I instantly bite back at. It was male and certainly deep but the presence of another stranger hardly intimidated me. "Aye mare, take care on that ice. I’ve seen a leg broken on a less treacherous surface,” " And I've seen a face broken from less then welcomed advice it gave." I say back, irritated, thinking 'Who asked you?'. I huffed loudly, channeling another cloud of steam from my nostrils and rolling my eyes. If you haven't caught the memo yet, I don't like being told outside what I want to hear. Childish? Haughty?  No. I just know what I want and I have a straight-forward plan to get it, simple as that.  The rest is plain interference, immaterial, and I hate that. Besides, he didn't answer my question - he chastised me. What an introduction.

Oh, apparently he smartened up. When his deep drum of a voice hummed again I merely gave him a side glance, preparing to ignore him, but before I pressed that mute button I heard the magic word - Gods. There was a tid bit about Helovia and a welcome ( good to know) but I tagged that information right on the backburner for later. I listened keenly, turning my head directly to him, my body feeling a bolt of excitement run through it... only to find the information wanting. " What about water, who governs that?"   Through all that word fodder I didn't hear a thing about it and I was this close to feeling gypped. If I couldn't be restored, then by the breath of life, so help me, i will wreak havoc against whatever forbade it...

And then those few words sneak in. A three worded sentence that silences all the noise in my head at once.  Are you alright?  It wasn't even said in an emotional way, in fact, it had been spoken almost curiously or dumbly... I couldn't decide, but no matter. What mattered is what I knew of that phrase and what my answer was to it. It's odd, the sensation of sudden stillness and lucidity and the fallout thereafter, like a tension seizing up inside you suddenly lost. It was a sort of submission I realized, the first that I can say in my life that I have personally experienced. Sure,  technically, I have lived for millennia but I'd merely  been a part of a greater being, a collective conscious. An impulse, really, now that I'm thinking about it. This – now – was me and only that. And it was the scariest thing thing ever, especially when it dawns on you that you don't even know yourself.

But at the same, I realize it's a freedom I never knew I could have.

To finally be myself.

No strings attached.

By no means was I going to be happy about what has happened to me and brought me to this sorry state...but since becoming aware of this secret plus side, this bittersweet revelation is turning a little sweeter and I think I like the taste. 

"No." It's an achievement I manage the word  in a tone so clear, sober, and irrevocably final given my internal turmoil. I gritted my teeth, feeling these odd aches in my chest but I push through them, spurred by what could only be determination. " But if you want to make it better you'll answer my question. And maybe tell me where it's a bit warmer."

Through fidgeting it comes to my attention my joints are becoming stiff from the cold and it invokes an annoyance and a spur of hatred. After finally thawing out I didn't want to freeze ever again.

"Talk"
----------
@Tembovu
OOC: Thanks for joining!!! And sorry for the wait.

Messages In This Thread
So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 07-25-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Glacia - 07-28-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Riptide - 08-18-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Tembovu - 08-19-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: So, what am I? [ Open] - by Thranduil - 08-19-2015, 11:10 PM