the Rift

Correspondence, #1

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

To my dear son,

It has come to my attention that since I left our home in the dust, you have not been cared for. I am writing now in the hopes that this letter will find you with the kindness and care only a mother can provide, even if she is far.

Know that even with unfamiliar and endless miles between us, I love you. And so I've decided to chronicle my journeys for you and commit them to memory on the wind. Perhaps they will reach you, either as fact or fiction, and aid you in falling asleep in the face of nightmarish death. Enclosed is a record of my first moment in this strange and unfamiliar land; I think you would have liked it, here.

With love,
Your mother.

The night, an early morning, was the dark kind of night that I had grown accustomed to. The shadows stretched long and easy to outline my path. I was accompanied by an air of languor and exhaustion; all the memories I had made to get here were beginning to fade into background noise.

That was what it was like, the moment I first arrived in the land called Helovia.

You see, I was quite good at navigation, and I had many years of gleaning information from the chatter of travelers beneath my belt. And so though I arrived in the darkest of nights (the kind where even the dark gray of my pelt seemed bright compared to the shadows,) I did not arrive unprepared. I knew, at least, that I was entering a land of magic and division in the prime of its winter with nothing to my name save for this shivering body I considered myself to be contained within. I knew, too, that the young mare in blue had once been seen walking this way. I do not expect that many others would have considered my knowledge to be anything but eerie, had I revealed it to their younger and lighter souls.

But nevertheless;

The moon was a high bauble, dangling above the canopy with no attachment I could find, and its sway was a mesmerizing thing. I remember looking up at it with the same curiousity I expect you would have, were you at my side, and letting it guide me further. There was nothing to turn away from and only one thing to pull me in further, and so by logic's whim alone I was drawn forth into that shadow. I stepped carefully, my long tresses caught up in the wind and frost, making a spectacle of my passage.

But let it be understood that this was not all on my mind, and this was not all that came to pass. The rest would come, in time.

[[Lyn is searching for @[Tiamat] but doesn't currently know she's in the Basin, so until she finds out she might be swayed to go elsewhere. Regardless of who she goes home with, she will leave for the Basin as soon as she learns of Tiamat's whereabouts, wherever that may be.]]

Ahvelyn
i wanted to tell you that things would be different this time

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence, #1 - by Ahvelyn - 07-27-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Rohan - 07-30-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Enna - 08-08-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Rohan - 08-10-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Ahvelyn - 08-10-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Enna - 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Rohan - 08-11-2015, 03:50 AM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Ahvelyn - 08-12-2015, 01:30 PM