the Rift

Correspondence, #1

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The situation was not improving. My first impression of this land, at least as far as that stallion was concerned, that it was one of disrespect. And the mare's persistence, her futile attempts to ease the tension, seemed submissive in a disappointing way. But in her insistence was an offer of a place to stay, and I wasn't going to turn that down.

At that point in my life, everywhere was just a place to stay. A stop on a long journey with no apparent end, a fruitless search to find a child I'd seen once, long ago, out of the corner of my eye. I don't know why I sought her out so desperately, son. Perhaps I was hoping to find in her what I lost in you, perhaps I was hoping to repent for all my sins of inaction. But when I came to Helovia I expected nothing more than to stay, to wait, to look, and give up again.

Eventually I would discover that this was Loorien's end--that this land was a peninsula, jutting out from all the territories I had ever roamed during the time of my search. That would be a day to mourn, my son. We all have days like those, in our lives.

The stallion's tone, his phrasing, his very exhalations became intolerable at around that time, and so I started to walk before I even answered the kinder one. If her home, perhaps one filled with antlered beings such as this pair, was a place where he did not roam it sounded like a fine one to rest.

He had called me delicate, but if he had known my strength...

I pressed on. I walked forward, not knowing where I was going, not giving the stallion another thought and beckoning the mare only with a glance. "Yet another short walk is no trouble," I supplied her with, my eyes caught up then in the beauty of the night above, that early morning, that scene which beckoned dawn to come. Perhaps we would be at this home of hers when we arrived.

And it was cold, was it? Well, I didn't mind the cold. I had enough aches in my bones for the pair of these two combined, you see. And I was ready to move forward.

The closer I got to my goal, the farther it took me from you, the more anxious and impatient I became. I would have to overcome this, in time.

"Let you and I press on, then," I said with strength and firmness, choosing to no longer acknowledge the useless brute at my back. Surely she wouldn't suggest he tag along, would she? Even knowing him as she may have before, would she really want such a foul colt to accompany her?

And if she did, how long had she lived in such a pitiable manner?

[[Again, sorry. These will improve when I get to know her better outside of the threshold.]]

Ahvelyn
i wanted to tell you that things would be different this time

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence, #1 - by Ahvelyn - 07-27-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Rohan - 07-30-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Enna - 08-08-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Rohan - 08-10-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Ahvelyn - 08-10-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Enna - 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Rohan - 08-11-2015, 03:50 AM
RE: Correspondence, #1 - by Ahvelyn - 08-12-2015, 01:30 PM