the Rift

[OPEN] i've got my heart right here --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
DESTRY
 I had felt it, a gentle blip in reality. It felt odd, as if I’d become trapped within sap, casually sinking deeper into a desolate void of nothing. The child within my womb kicked and squirmed, unaffected, but I remained trapped, the breath in my lungs slow, any attempt at words were unrecognizable drawls of syllables. I closed my eyes and hoped for the best, dreaming of far off places, mystical adventures with Aurelia, cozy nights huddled together beneath watchful stars. 

I seemed to be trapped for a lifetime, helplessly drifting in my mass of space and thoughts, ideas ravishing my mind, creating chaos and destruction as I feel my legs reach the ground, legs tumbling beneath me as my bones shift and adjust to the unfamiliarity of walking. My weight is pressed lightly, delicate dances over the softened earth. I can feel fatigue caress my quaking body, desperate to bring me to my knees beneath the shade of a giant tree. I follow its commands with ease, slipping into the grass with a satisfied sigh. 

I had closed my eyes for only a moment before my breath is sucked in, lashes fluttering and pain twisting in my abdomen. My tangled limbs straighten frantically, my need for relief turning from a simple want to a desperate need. Mangled gasps sputter from my lips as my body erupts in pain, huffs and coughs signaling my struggle to inhale. I felt my lower half being split open, something tearing through it, wiggling and slipping about in a mess of fluids. I felt my muscles clench and release, an overwhelming desire to get rid of this foreign object compelling me to push. My face contorts, discomfort and pain colliding as I squirm uneasily. I feel my body loosen, the form sliding out with ease. I lay and pant, barely making an effort to move as I feel the intense burn of my muscles. Fatigue is warded off by the rush of birth, and I lay expecting to grow tired, only to be struck with more pains. 

I go through the same process of short breaths, pained gasps and salty tears running down from my eyes as I struggle through the burning within my body. Again something begins to tear through, smaller, easier to push out. It comes out with a pathetic flop, little legs kicking at my butt as I push out remnants, the aftermath of carrying the foals. It takes me but a second before I’m up, looming over the two precious children, doting upon them with relief and worry colliding with an overwhelming sense of joy. I had done it; I had given birth to the two, quiet babies that lay entangled together upon the grass. I bend my neck, lapping away at their bloodied coats in an attempt to make them presentable. They were both struck with darker hues, the little filly freckled with lavishing gold just as her mother was, her featherless wings grasped at her gently rising sides. My muzzle lingers on her for another moment before passing between the children, resting now on the colt. I felt my throat clench and close up as his breaths come out in stutters, an uneven rhythm to his breathing. I stand, hesitant to continue cleaning him as my nose presses against his lightning marked sides, eyes widening ever so slightly when his breathing stops short a moment.  I could feel his lungs, struggling to expand as he lies on his side, eyes still shut tight. 

Yseult had panicked at the sign of my anguish; her frantic flapping could be heard in the distance. It’s alright, just go find Aurelia for me, I mutter, looking down at my children, struck with the desire to protect them. My motherly instincts had kicked in, whirling as I quietly preened the delicate little featherless wings, combing through their manes and tails with my teeth. I kept my eye on the weak condition of the colt, trying to soothe myself as I swept my tongue over their fluffy little manes. I peered over at the little babe, the one whose breathing was off. He had not made any attempts to move, and his eyes were open now… but something was wrong. Milky, unfocused eyes appeared dazed, distant. I nudged his cheek, gentle as if he would break if I pressed any harder. He leaned into the touch, but his eyes made no attempt to look at me. Yseult, something’s wrong with him. I cried, inhaling deeply to hold in my panic and I swept my wings over the two newborns, trying to keep them from the frigid temperatures while my panic settled in. 

-- woo the twins are finally here !!! 
"talk" 
art by ducky -- table by wanda

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
i've got my heart right here -- - by Destry - 08-05-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Aurelia - 08-06-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Shahrokh - 08-08-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Alala - 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Destry - 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM