the Rift

[OPEN] i've got my heart right here --

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
<style> .shah b { color: #847D47; font-variant: small-caps; } .shah a { color: #4D522A; } .shah a { font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Times'; text-shadow: 0 0; } .shah-credit a { color: rgba(255,255,255,.25); } .shah hr { height: 3px; background: #3A130E; } </style>
i wish i could write more but i didnt have time :c --

The small, cramped world I’d been familiar with came convulsing and expanding around me as my womb mate slipped from my tangled grasp, leaving me alone for a beat before I too was swallowed by contracting muscles. I was pressed, squeezed and pushed out of the sac I’d called home. My body clenched and I lay desperately still upon the cold ground, my first breath a painful stab to the lung as I gasp and pant for air. My skin tingles, flightless appendages pulling closer to me. My world is still an unbelievable blackness, a dark void of nothingness. Warm air is exhaled, rolling over my trembling body, a plush nose pushing against my side, shaky breathes weak and pathetic compared to the thundering snorts coming from the hovering figure above me. I knew simply that warmth and comfort would be provided by this presence, but I made no attempt to reach it. I lay there, flat on my side with short rasps escaping my rattling lips. I feel a light pressure against my cheek, curiously leaning into the strange contact with an overwhelming need to know what it was, but an agonizing fear of what exactly it was. It left me only a moment after, leaving my head to return to its original position resting against the surface beneath me.

My sister was somewhere next to me, the delicate bells ringing within my mind as I give her a nudge through the all too familiar mental connection, a silent plea to know what was happening. I felt anxiety and doubts washing over my feeble frame, breaths quickening as I felt alone in such a terrifyingly open space. Without the touch of my sister I felt disconnected, the only tie to my newborn sanity is the silver lining of our telepathy. I gave out a panicked grunt, sides heaving in desperation as I lay motionless against the rough, frozen floor. I released a frightened whine, the cold seeping into my sides as I don’t bother moving, frozen in a panic.

The sound of something ruffling, it was a gentle caress of warmth against my quaking body. I stilled, internally shutting down at the light touch of something so foreign yet familiar. Who was this? Why were they so kind and caring? The questions flooded into my fragile mind before I could get the chance to process them, kicking my legs in shock and out of fear of the unknown. What was it? I lift my nose, straining to reach out and touch something. My nose bumps against something thick and solid; it was warm and tickled my nose. Again I felt an ominous, warm pressure, this time against my brow. I tried to lean into it again, soothed by whosever touch it was. I felt my fears ease away, washed from my skin by this comforting existence. My breathing had regulated.

“talk talk talk.”
-- table by velvette --
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair

Messages In This Thread
i've got my heart right here -- - by Destry - 08-05-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Aurelia - 08-06-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Shahrokh - 08-08-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Alala - 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Destry - 08-17-2015, 11:02 AM