Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

destry</style>
the moment of truth and the moment to lie

the moment to live and the moment to die

the moment to fight for what’s right</style>

I tried deathly hard not to slip away into my state of emptiness, becoming an emotional void that simply takes on a physical form. The overwhelming need to slip away from reality pulls at me despite my protests, despite my need to remain here and watch over the precious children I'd only just delivered into the world. I linger over them, head resting on the little girl before I switch, momentarily freezing up at the faint touch and whimper of the trembling colt. I close my eyes, breathing in as he draws away and returns to laying against the snow. I remain like so, still and quiet as the world around me drops away, the calming of my mind becoming my main priority. It would be okay, the colt is okay. Right?

I heard someone, an eye prying open to greet the soft, golden features of Aurelia. I give a small, meek smile as she hovers over me, obliviously delighted by the thought of twins.  I barely make the effort of nodding my head, looking down at the smallest babe with my brows knit. I listen to her ramble, questions gushing from her mouth like water bursting through a dam, overflowing from every damn crevice. I look up at her, ears swiveling back as I bite my tongue, breathing in before I snap. "He's not dead." I mutter, swallowing as I look down upon the feeble child. "He's just.. having a little trouble. It'll be okay."  My voice breaks at the end as I swallow, knowing that it probably won't be okay. From the cloudiness of his eyes it's apparent he won't be seeing anytime soon, and that worries me. I can't let my child wander alone in the world, but I can't turn him into something dependent and desperately reliant on others. A knot in my stomach tells me I'm going to be doing exactly that, making him a dependent child who cannot wander too far from me. 

"I'm so sorry, Aur. I-I really am. I didn't mean for it to turn out like this.. l-look at h-him. He can't e-even see, i-it's my fault. S-stupid.." I inhale sharply, trying to prevent myself from crying. It was my fault, I was the one who bore the children, obviously I'd done something to mess him up this bad. I let my body slump, head hanging low as I try and collect myself. I needed to stop before I pushed myself too far towards the edge and ended up spiraling into a deep, dark spell of melancholy. "Um.. names... we should figure out names." I whisper hoarsely, shuddering breathes escaping my lips as I look down weakly at the two children swept beneath my wings. 

"Talking"

ooc table is being wonky :c | wordcount 454 | tags -

image by aling_ @ flickr.com

lyrics belongs to This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars
(modified)</style>

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
i've got my heart right here -- - by Destry - 08-05-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Aurelia - 08-06-2015, 12:18 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Shahrokh - 08-08-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: i've got my heart right here -- - by Alala - 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM