the Rift

[PRIVATE] Full Circle

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Volterra & Vérzés
We're in love with defeat / And we march to the beat
But I know what I've seen's not out of reach / So give it to me, give it to me

Suddenly she hardens, becoming all sharp edges and refined menace. It takes every ounce of the colt's strength not to wince, shy away. He is better than that. She is silent after his question, and when she speaks, he believes her. After all, he has no reason not to. He wants to believe her, and so he does. It is far grander for his mother to have manipulated her way out of her iron cage to freedom, as oppose to simply being released out of a captor's boredom. She is the World-Eater - she rips through chains and leaves only broken bones behind. Pride blossoms in him, and he snorts his approval of her technique.

Then she speaks again. Then she crushes him. His proud posture sags slightly, each hard, rippling muscle relaxing slightly as a huff of sorrow flees unbidden from his lips. But...you can't. She wants to leave. Leave him. Leave them. What for? To fuck his father and make dozens more powerful twins? Twins who will actually get to know their sire, and grow up within a herd, priveleged and adored - jealousy flares within the beast for these unborn, fictitious siblings, and his eyes harden. She inhales, and continues, reaffirming his desire to be a king, to rule. Now his ears prick, eager. Oh, to have a crown heavy upon his head! To have a legion of mares to take beneath him at will, and strong soldiers to march into battle at his side! It is what he has always dreamed of, and what he will one day achieve. It won't be as easy as his dam thinks, though. The twins are unknown, unloved. None will support them should it come to an invasion. Before he can even think of ruling, he will need to gather followers.

She suggests a patron God, and his mind immediately shifts to the Earth God. "Of the Gods I have met, the God of Earth is the one I would most likely pledge my allegiance to. I know not what herd he patrons, however." He knows little of the herdlands, save for the fragments of information Confutatis has fed him. He has seen the Throat from a distance, danced on the edge of the Falls' borders with Isopia, but would not exactly call himself learned on the herdlands. "I confess I have given it little thought. The land itself matters less to me than the herd within it." Land is land; it is useful for battles, but a strong army can overcome geographical handicaps. "Have you any recommendations?"

image credits

@Confutatis

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Full Circle - by Confutatis - 08-06-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Volterra - 08-07-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: Full Circle - by Confutatis - 08-22-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Full Circle - by Volterra - 09-08-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: Full Circle - by Confutatis - 09-25-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Full Circle - by Volterra - 10-02-2015, 06:25 PM