[OPEN] Never stopped crawling
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
Are you awake now too?

The sea unfolded from the darkness of a dream, white cresting into foam. White, fluffy kisses washed through the splits of her cloven hooves, receeding seconds later like the touch of a shy lover. Somewhere between time and a dream, she found herself standing, inhaling the scent of childhood on the water's wind, and she did not question the gracious gift of forgetting. Her memories were filled with sugar sand and a world so big with a mind so new, but Isilme was dead, taking her childhood in its shadowy grasp.

Gray clouds obscured the sun, brighter than it should have been given the woolen cloak. Colors drained from the scene, and the murderous hues of her wind-blown locks shed their tones. Desaturated, perhaps how she felt. Wind carried strands of white from her face, tangling around the spiral of her horn, and she stared beyond, facing the horizon and imaging what she would find were she to reach the edge. Would she tumble into the cosmos? Would the hands of god return her to this world? 

So much changed, faces drifting like a sly fox in the spring - never staying in one place for long. Yet some stoic behemethos stayed fast, clinging to Helovia or perhaps just to each other. Gaucho was a pillar, a structure around which his children and herd build their foundations. Mauja was a ghost, a shadow of her feelings wearing the same crown as before. Deimos was the darkness, a shadow of the mountains in which he hid. And Torleik? He was... he was a hearth, beckoning her from the comfort of desolation into music and laughter so very foreign. 

There she stood fast long enough for life to spring up from their hiding places. Crabs wandered across the surface, birds picked at shells which wriggled in and out of the spongy sand, and she sighed, a half-smiled curving the graceful gray of her lips with contentment. Life was not perfect, but it never would be. 

But at least... 

at least she had a reason to smile. 

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Never stopped crawling - by Ophelia - 08-08-2015, 03:22 AM
RE: Never stopped crawling - by Karalius - 08-09-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Never stopped crawling - by Ophelia - 08-10-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Never stopped crawling - by Karalius - 08-10-2015, 12:27 PM