the Rift

[PRIVATE] Never Say Never [Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

Though a belated reunion always had the potential to imbue itself with awkward feelings, Kaj had never been afflicted by such troubles, and as such exuded warmth and curiosity as he approached the winged youth. There was much Kaj had done in the past to disappoint and hurt, and he'd let down more than his fair share of kin. Though Brisa had taken her faults upon herself for Note's disappearance, Kaj felt as though he'd failed her himself in some way. Perhaps he summoned too great a burden for his shoulders, assumed responsibilities never given to him in the first place. Whatever reason it was, he stood before Aeolus feeling inadequate and regretful, repentant for mistakes and wrongdoings he could not have realistically prevented. 

Whatever time and distance between them that had existed seemed to melt with every syllable that dropped off the golden boy's lips. Subtle tension eased away from Kaj's frame, lending him a smile at the idea that Brisa spoke of him often. He held the mare in high respects, was rather endeared by her - perhaps he had a type, he chuckled internally. Resplendence had been the first of his little family of shy souls, and Brisa had followed right along, Kaj taking her beneath wing with ease and optimism. They were simply so easy to love, and Kaj wondered if Aeolus had been passed any personality traits from the snowy maiden he hailed from. 

"I hope they are all good things," the beast chuckled, chest rumbling with the pleasant sound in the quiet, colorless landscape. Though, if Brisa had anything to say of his concern for others, it had not rubbed off on her son. His surprise was apparent, eyes rising swiftly to Kaj's patient blues at the inquiry as to the cause of his suffering. The Czar awaited a response with ease that should have belonged to a father, should have belonged to Aeolus' father. It seemed neither of them were granted that title nor potential, and Kaj realized that they were a sad little pair. A childless father and a fatherless child. 

Heart pulsed with sorrow at the harsh words Aeolus directed at himself. Defective. Far too complex an adjective for someone so young and bright, and it pained Kaj to see that surely the yearling meant it. His response was thusly similar to his thought patterns in its immediacy. "You are not defective," he assured firmly, needing that to be known before anything else was ventured upon. But Kaj had righted the crooked paths of many, and the bitter tone and misplaced anger was something that had to be corrected as well. Especially when Kaj knew exactly how much Brisa agonized needlessly over Note's disappearance. She did not need further pain from her son, when neither of them were at fault.

"Listen to me, Aeolus. Your mother did not make you this way, and what you are experiencing is entirely normal for a young pegasus, I promise." Paternal smile was warm despite the unease in his stomach, flight feathers extending to bring attention to his wings for a moment, emphasizing the fact that as a grown pegasus he would be one to know the accuracy of that statement. Expression melted into a softly disapproving frown as he continued. "Your mother did not let them leave, young one. Your father disappeared without a trace, both from her and our ranks. Do you have the power to track an invisible horse?" He inquired with an arched brow, clearly asking whether Brisa had that power as well for all the good it did the pair of them.

A heaving sigh escaped the confines of his lungs, chest expanding and sinking with his regret. "I can't tell you how sorry I am, how upset that your father and brother left you. But your mother agonizes over it, and she too blames herself. But she was not at fault, and neither were you." Could never be too careful, in case Aeolus had some sort of deep rooted fears and problems of his own. Even if it took years, Kaj would dedicate each season to lifting these burdens from the broken family.

Nearest wing lifted from his side to reach for Aeolus' primaries, drawing attention back to what he could immediately fix. "When sparrows are born, they are flightless and featherless. They rely on their parents until they grow old enough and strong enough in both body and mind to leave the nest." Oh, how that time always came far too soon. "It is the job of the chick's parents to teach them how to fly. Your mother has no wings, she cannot understand the urge you feel for the skies, nor can she teach you how to claim it as your own." It should have been the job of your father went unsaid. "If you are willing, I can teach you. You are far from defective my child, you merely need the proper guidance." Warm smile broke the canopy of his features, glowing down upon the yearling like the sun that winter had stolen from him. It seemed Kaj had become the unofficial tutor of lost pegasus colts. He did not lament the title.

@Aeolus
IMAGE CREDIT

@Aeolus

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 08-09-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-09-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 08-09-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-15-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 08-15-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 09-13-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 09-13-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 10-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 10-16-2015, 11:14 PM