the Rift

[PRIVATE] Never Say Never [Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

The innocence of youth was generally endearing for Kaj. He loved their innocence and naivety, enjoyed teaching them and showing them the realities of the world. However in that moment he cursed Aeolus' fervent determination to make things right, his lack of understanding. He'd already been tangled up in inappropriate thoughts regarding Brisa, it wasn't right of him to even be encouraged the slightest bit by the youth's pleading. So why was he? Gods spare him, had his deep hungering desire for a foal of his own spread too far? Was he even capable of loving and caring for Brisa how she deserved? Would she even have him, broken as he was? 

No, he shouldn't even be thinking about it. No matter how he felt or what Aeolus mistakenly wanted and desired. Giving it thought made it real, and he couldn't ruin another mare's life with his affections. "Of course I said I would help, Aeolus. But it is not something I can force upon your mother, she would have to want it too. And it is something for us two to discuss, so don't go around trying to sway her," he warned playfully, eyes warm to cover the turmoil in his heart. He had little doubt that Aeolus would heed his words, and only hoped that the message would not be misconstrued on young tongue, driving Brisa away from him before he could even reach a conclusion of his own. 

Luckily, like most adolescents, he was easily distracted and the prospect of flight seemed to be more captivating than the idea of a sibling. Kaj was grateful for the change in topic, allowing Aeolus to swell with pride and preparation as he claimed he already knew how to glid, can't you see dumb Kaj? Chuckling softly to himself, Kaj instead swept a wing wide in silent gesture, bidding Aeolus to show him, then. 

It went about as well as Kaj had anticipated, and though his paternal heart stuttered in his chest to see Aeolus go careening off course and into the snow, he also knew that it was the best padding for such an event. Crashes were inevitable, and he wouldn't be harmed, but it was hard not to rush to his aid like a new parent fearing every disaster for their newborn. He'd felt the same way with Ilios. 

Aeolus' voice was in his ears, a little panicked, and Kaj was already in motion before the words themselves registered. "Don't worry, I'm here," he called back, and his chest felt tight and strangled for a moment. He's not your son, you old fool. Stop torturing yourself. Strong legs pushed and dug into the snow, dipping his head to find Aeolus' and touching muzzle to cheek to guide back to the light, get him centered a bit more before he tried fully unearthing him. Wings swept low, primaries flexing and like a giant brush began to sweep the snow off the child's frame. Far more delicate whenever it neared the fledgling's face, of course, until the grey blue sky would be visible at last. Warm smile would greet the young bird as well. "You did very well," he complimented. "Next time, try not to turn your head back to look at me, it will help you keep flying straight. But your gliding was excellent!" Lift and thrust could be achieved in time, at least the cherub had the basics and the foundations. "Would you like to try again?"

So late I'm sorry ;-;
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 08-09-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-09-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 08-09-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-15-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 08-15-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 09-13-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 09-13-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Aeolus - 10-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Never Say Never [Kaj] - by Kaj - 10-16-2015, 11:14 PM