Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

ranjiri

i try not to think
about the pain i feel inside
did you know you used to be my hero?

The heart was only a short distance from the Throat and even though it wasn't my favorite place to be it was warm. After getting stuck out in the meadow in a snowstorm I wasn't too keen on going back there. Honestly, it wasn't terrible because I'd been rescued and made a new friend, but it hadn't been entirely pleasant. Anyways, I figured going to the Heart would be okay even if it didn't hold the best memories for me. It was, more or less, a place for me to go when I felt the urge to be alone (which was increasingly often lately).

I don't know how long I stood staring down at the flames and everything else that swirled around down there, but I became aware of someone else approaching. When I lifted my head and looked I recognized her right away. How could I forget Lakota? I'd spent my childhood growing up in the Foothills where she'd been Momma's best friend and, pretty much, as constant a fixture at her side as I had been. She was the one that had given me the amulet that I'd given to Ryuu. I didn't remember her giving it to me, but I'd asked Momma one time and Momma told me that Kota had given it to me for protection.

For a moment I wondered if I should approach her or if I should leave her alone, but it had been so long since I'd even seen her... 

"Lakota?" I called out to her as I drifted closer. I was well aware that there was the small possibility that I was mistaking someone else for Lakota, but it wasn't enough to make me doubt myself entirely. No, I was confident that I was right and I wondered if she'd recognize me because it really had been a long time ....

"."

Chan

@Lakota

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
threads we weave - by Lakota - 08-09-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: threads we weave - by Ranjiri - 08-10-2015, 12:18 AM
RE: threads we weave - by Lakota - 08-10-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: threads we weave - by Ranjiri - 08-16-2015, 03:23 PM