Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

I have been called a weapon
the Sun’s spear in the sands
but I must also be a shield
with open heart and hands

Helovia must have some strange magic on its own, a magnetism that hums out across the expanse of the world to capture certain hearts and pull them close. Even those who try to leave find themselves walking the stretch of the threshold sooner or later. Gaucho had gone and come back, even without his memories and Megaera had gone looking for him and comeback when he's seemed lost for good. They'd come home; home to Helovia and to Dragon’s Throat, that beautiful swath of sand and sunshine. And now Tandavi had come back to the first, but would she come home to the second?

Meg remembered too well how upset the copper girl had been at the destruction of the land bridge, how angry and alone when Gaucho had called for their isolation to be solidified in the very makeup of the land. She’d never had the opportunity to find out why Tandavi had objected so much, if we had the bridge for the wingless there was no problem as far as Meg could see. As much as she loved her wings, she had never thought the made her better than any who lacked them, but still she was ignorant of the inadvertent hurt she and the other pegasai may have caused that day.

Ignorant… The Sultana still had a great deal to learn.

“Good evening.” Meg says with a smile and a nod at the dark little kitsune who comes to greet her. She remembers seeing the fox-like creature at the mare’s side, but his name is not yet known and it occurs to Meg that she and Tandavi have yet to have a real conversation, even before the girls long absence. The little squire leads her up the path and Meg follows, eager to welcome and and know this other desert daughter better. “I hope you won’t mind if we join you, for that was my destination as well.”

She falls companionably into step beside the two as they climb in the growing darkness, Tandavi’s little trinkets giving of a charming glow against the bare landscape. “What has changed?” the question doesn’t bring forth an immediate answer, and for a moment meg tries to pinpoint just how long the mare had been absent from the sands.Almost an entire year? The last time she can remember glimpsing the moonbeam face was at the herd meeting when the Sun God had created their bridge and Tandavi herself had been made Sultana. So much has changed. Would the girl resent Meg her new position? Did she know what had happened in Helovia at large?

Before she can start on the list of happenings, Tandavi narrows the field. Meg smiles at the question, even as she wonders how Tandavi would know of her magic, but even if the description is enigmatic, it is accurate. She had come to love the feeling of the light, exhausting as it might be to call forth, it was always a warm and comforting furnace in her heart. “It is light!” She says, almost rapturously as she recalls it’s beauty. “A beacon, near as bright at the sun. But how did you know that?”

“I don’t now if you’ve heard, but there has been movement to the north since you have been gone. Kaj and Archibald lead the Edge in an invasion agains the Hidden Falls with the help of the Basin, though that was this Orangemoon past, and all seems to have settled now.” News of war might not have been pleasant, but it was certainly the biggest piece of news. “The Throat is doing well, though will be glad when the weather breaks, it’s been a long Frostfall.” She paused, wondering if there was a way or a need to soften to blow, but it had to come out sooner or later and Meg would never be ashamed of her position. “Gaucho named me Sultana, and Ampere is Chancellor as well as Gladiator.”

Curious to investigate these new beings, the young eagle swoops low to get a better look and perches himself on his Meg’s withers with a ruffle of feathers and an impatient click of his beak. Still in his juvenile plumage, the dark brown is mottled in while where he would one day be a glinting gold, but his gaze was already hot and sharp as golden daggers and it followed the movements of the furry creature on the ground. Friend, not prey, like Inari and Mara. Meg insists, heading off the bird’s ideas. She motions to her companion with a movement of her head “This is Gwaihir, we found each other last Tallsun, and I am afraid I do not know your friends name.”

@Tandavi
I have no good excuses, sorry for being a slowpoke. :c
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
forged in fire - by Tandavi - 08-10-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: forged in fire - by Megaera - 08-11-2015, 01:46 AM
RE: forged in fire - by Tandavi - 08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: forged in fire - by Megaera - 08-29-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: forged in fire - by Tandavi - 09-04-2015, 11:00 PM