the Rift

[OPEN] Love Thy Neighbor

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

She flutters down silently like an autumn leaf from above, making your grey gaze dart upwards. It had been silly of you really, not to scan the skies—now that you think about it, the only herdmates you’ve met thus far have wings. For a moment, her sudden appearance makes you start guiltily, but then you remind yourself that you live here now, too. “Hello? the young mare calls out as she approaches. Your ears tilt forward, but before you can return with a greeting of your own, she repeats herself without the inflection. “Hi there!” you reply brightly, nickering a welcome. “I don’t think we’ve met…I’m Nasreen.” The introduction hangs in the air between you, and you toss your mane a little, feeling sheepish. When you had joined the Edge, you had Kahlua at your side to guide you. Now, without Bucephalus as a liason, you feel like a bit of an interloper. What should you say? Making friends had never been difficult for you, but then again, you had formed most of your Helovian relationships under the subconscious idea that they would only be temporary. Your real life had lain somewhere beyond the borders of this world, your family and home tucked away inside a godswood that has now been reduced to a heap of ashes. And because it is impossible to rebuild there, you must now begin to construct reality here—making friends is one way to start, if you can remember how to do it.

“I…I’m new here,” you finally explain, a little awkwardly perhaps, but your tone is friendly. “Well—not to Helovia—“ you rush to clarify, “Just…just to the Throat. Have you lived here long?” you finish lamely, flustered at your own self-consciousness. You don’t know why it’s so important for the girl to accept you, but perhaps it is because there’s no longer any safety net if things go wrong. Now, you can only escape to Th’orqui in your dreams.

image by shady

@Spice
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Love Thy Neighbor - by Nasreen - 08-11-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Love Thy Neighbor - by Spice - 08-13-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: Love Thy Neighbor - by Nasreen - 08-13-2015, 07:42 PM