the Rift

[OPEN] Golden Throne

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

It seemed like my lack of conversational skills didn't affect the small bird and her companion at all. Without skipping a beat, the grey spoke up, her girlish tones filling the air and my ear canals as she introduced herself and the strange little bird resting between her forward pricked harks. "I am Spice, and this is Wayne." The left corner of my sooty kissers turned up into a half smile while silver pools shifted up to the odd colored bird, Wayne, if the moon had been shedding just a little more light Edison would have been able to show me the colors staining the creature's feathers. But right now, he was nearly as blind as I am. Dark tipped harks flicked forward with the downward motion of my red skull once again. "Pleasure to meet you both." In reality I didn't know if meeting this Spice was a pleasure or not, as of right now she was just succeeding in holding up my travelling home. I knew there was no going back to my cave now, Edison would rather pick me apart than be trapped in the darkness once again. "You right." The kite's smugness rolled through the bond like a tidal wave, only to be distracted by more words coming from our road block.

"Are you okay sir? Have I disturbed your silence? Because it was very nice down here when I'd landed..." The weight on my withers shifted once again as the kite shifted to peer around me once more at the tiny bird and the obstacle. He then began to go on and on about the little ball of feathers, but the words fell upon a deaf bond since my focus had already been shifted back to the conversation at hand. Apparently my obvious discomfort with speaking to another of my own species was a bit more clear than I had originally expected. Ankle length ebonite strands smacked against my hips and weight shifted back into what I hoped would look like a much more relaxed position so maybe the grey bird would be able to rest easy knowing that she hadn't bugged me too terribly. 

Even though I would have loved to be on my way back to the Basin, I wasn't about to be rude. She was small, young, kind, all things that I wasn't ready to ruin by simply turning and walking past her feathered frame and continuing on my way. For all I knew, she would wind up being useful in someway. "I am fine, and you haven't disturbed me. I am merely on my way back to my home, what is a bird like you doing up here? Won't your wings freeze?" The question was a simple mix of politeness as well as curiosity, the red kite had issues flying in the cold sometimes, preferring to hang onto my back than risk the crystals of ice forming between his feathers and causing discomfort. I couldn't imagine that the grey, nor it's tiny bond mate would enjoy the feeling either.

"Speak!"
"Mindspeak"
"Edison speak"
Tag;;  @Spice
Words;; 510
Notes;; Sorry I was a bit slow on this one. But, at least the length is getting better :3
image credit
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
Golden Throne - by Roux - 08-12-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: Golden Throne - by Spice - 08-12-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Golden Throne - by Roux - 08-13-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Golden Throne - by Spice - 08-13-2015, 05:24 PM