the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gifted [Ki'irha]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

"Ki'irha!"

The Haruspex was unable to contain his excitement. The moment she called out his name, he strode forth and called out hers. Out into the setting of the sun, towards the rock from which she leapt and before her he ran. Lochan, shocked by the sudden speeding of their pace and shaken with hesitance, trailed nervously at Ashamin's back. Having been just a newborn when first meeting the corporal, he didn't know her quite as well.

But he knew she was special, the same way that Ashamin did. They did not yet share speech, but they shared feeling. Lochan could feel the thanks his bonded had for the starry-night mare, even if he'd not yet been present in the world for its purpose.

Ashamin, however, did not hesitate—he wrapped his painted neck around hers, taking in the gesture and closing the distance between them. It was miracle enough that he had found her before night had fallen completely, and to find her in such good health and spirit was even more than he could have hoped for.

In fact, such excitement almost made him forget the reason he had looked for her at all. But as their bodies closed in on each other, he felt the soft fleecy goats fur Johnny had crafted press against his chest. He struggled with the thought of pulling away from her, but in time it came naturally.

Lochan, had he been able, would have blushed at the only half-understood compliment.

As the haruspex drifted from the corporal in the odd bath of sunset, the crafted hood slowly revealed itself from the folds. "Ki'irha, I wanted to thank you for your help on the border, in Frostfall. You lent me confidence I wouldn't have otherwise had, and..." his voice trailed, his dark eyes averted in a way that one could not see.

He dragged one cleft hoof in the remaining snow, revealing the permafrost beneath, and then looked back up to meet her gaze in the encroaching shadow. "I asked Johnny to make this for you. It's the least I could do," he added, before pulling the hood from his pure white sarong and proffering it to the dark mare. He wondered, in part, what she would say. He wondered why it felt so strange to give a gift.

Maybe he'd just never had anyone to give gifts too, before. Maybe he was too used to being alone.

"" ""
ASHAMIN

image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Gifted [Ki'irha] - by Ashamin - 08-12-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: Gifted [Ki'irha] - by Blu - 09-14-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Gifted [Ki'irha] - by Ki'irha - 09-14-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Gifted [Ki'irha] - by Ashamin - 09-30-2015, 05:44 AM
RE: Gifted [Ki'irha] - by Ki'irha - 09-30-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: Gifted [Ki'irha] - by Ashamin - 10-16-2015, 10:22 AM