the Rift

[OPEN] Här kommer kungen av ingenting alls

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
LACE
Turn the page I need to see something new

The smile died a quick death on his lips, killed by the growing chill in the eyes of the Silvery one. All inclinations he'd had to try and play around with his own anger vanished in a heartbeat as the unicorn spoke, traces of humor replaced instead by a steely, iron-hearted resolve.

"Watch your mouth" he snapped, lips stiff and disapproving. "I don't want to hear that from you, Mauja. Of all people... aren't you the one who needs to get over yourself the most around here?"

He stood unflinching as the King drew closer, watching the pale horse with critical, judgmental eyes. Somewhere among the treetops the dragon gave off an irritated shriek as she tried to give the owl the slip. She was itching to lash at it with her tail, give chase to the ghostly bird and give her a taste of her own medicine, but together they agreed it would be foolish to the point of madness. Oh, the flying feather-duster would be no match for teeth and claws and deadly fire, but the consequences....

"I have returned to my home since Nyx asked me to come back, and I intend to stay here - whether you like it or not. Step aside."

Lace had no intention of asking anymore. He'd played with the thought of bending his neck and suffer the humiliation, but no more. Bowing once was one time too many, it would not happen again. On his chest the spirit of the DragonHeart jingled softly as the equine stepped forward, the jerking head challenging the adversary to stop him.

Please, oh please try, give me a reason to pummel that quivering ass, so fat upon a throne that should be mine. Who do you think you are, to stand in my way? Only a heart encased in ice, ready to be pierced, shattered by the silver thorns of my wrath.

Come on, just give me an excuse already.

All around him the forest stood still and silent, as though each tree held its breath. The artificial sun blazed over his head, hot enough to singe the hairs on the god-touched back. He found strength in its radiant glow, like a stern but encouraging hand burning away all hesitation. Snow obscured the view of the ground and in an almost absentminded way Lace took note of the larger obstacles in the vicinity - a fallen log five steps to the right, the cluster of trees eight paces and a bit to the left, the cluster of trees up ahead, the memory of Nyx's warmth radiating against his flank, gone now as he left her behind.

Would she aid him if it came to blows, or would she protect her own position?

He had asked whether she was prepared for the consequences, and for the first time Lace asked himself the same question. Was he ready for what may come, as he pushed the situation to breaking point? If it came to blows, if he lost, if he won...

But, well. Somehow or another he would handle it. After all it wouldn't be the first time for anything, either as king or vagabond.

Your move, Mauja, what shall it be?

coding by tamme | Image by patriota--studios @ DA

@Nyx
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Här kommer kungen av ingenting alls - by Lace - 08-13-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: Här kommer kungen av ingenting alls - by Nyx - 08-13-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: Här kommer kungen av ingenting alls - by Nyx - 08-15-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Här kommer kungen av ingenting alls - by Lace - 08-18-2015, 06:31 AM