[OPEN] The Phantom Agony
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
The world is a vast and silent place.

Snow had a way of muting sound when it fell—and fall it did, in large, tranquil flakes. It hid the darkness of tree trunks and boughs, masked the sharp edges of rocks and stones with a soft, white padding, and covered tracks. It would be easy to become lost in snow, taken by winter, and kept somewhere in the kind of frigid perfection of the weather.. until spring would come with its long days and rays of sunshine, burning and burning and burning until the perfection turned to rot. Spring had a way of always finding what winter had hid, and ruining it.

Briefly, he had the cheerful thought that he would rather be frozen solid and stay a glacial statue, than become a putrid, rotting carcass slowly falling apart.

And he wanted to say, 'of course I would rather be alive', but as he peered through the snowfall he couldn't say it with full honesty. He felt cold within, a chest full of icy jaws and black holes—he felt tired of grasping at the light everyone so praised and finding it to be like smoke, too elusive to hold and not inclined to shine on him anyway. Each time he left the sanctuary of his shadows and blizzards the sun touched him, thought about it for a moment, and then said 'nah' and left him within a shadow of its own.

He would rather stay in the shadows by choice. It made it hurt slightly less when he noticed it.

[ @Naerys .. I'm not sure why it decided to be so short, but it did. xD ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 08-13-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 08-27-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 09-07-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 09-20-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 10-03-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 10-20-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 11-11-2015, 02:35 AM