Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
[ I am so, SO sorry about the wait on this :x ]

I can't see you
I can't hear you
Do you still exist?

The snow brought him something. In the peculiar silence-yet-sound of his clearing it came, slowly, at first little more than a disturbance at the outskirts of his awareness: something different to the sound of the snowfall, the hint of a scent in the still air... Black-rimmed ears flicked forward, and his head turned in her direction. Dark nostrils widened, drew in air, sampled it. Let it out again. He didn't think he knew her, but then again, he hardly knew everyone in the herd—a fault on his part, but also a consequence of inheriting his kingdom from a herd scattered.

Also, he thought sourly, the consequence of having a King he did not get along with, who could invite whomever the fuck he pleased and Mauja wouldn't have a clue.

(Not to mention Mauja could do the same, but that was not the point: the point was that Mauja did not wish to share power.)

But all that reflected in the blue labyrinth of his gaze was mild curiosity, a look he bore more as a memory of a time past than as a conscious action. Then, he had been all about smoothness, a small smile curving his lips, and that open way he looked at others, and thought, refusing to pass judgment until he had all the facts. Now.. well, now he sort of looked the same, out of habit, but when the tides turned within his mind, the change was rapid and often came leaking out in ways it never had before.

He simply wasn't strong enough to contain himself anymore.

What came out of the woodwork, though, was neither entirely unfamiliar nor did it seem dangerous. She was small, white splattered with a pleasant brown; leggy and young yet, but promising to become proportionate. Slim. Feathered wings were clutched to her sides, but that wasn't what drew his attention. The days when he had cared about such things were long gone.

No—that which caught his attention was the snow shifting around her feet, making way for.. flowers. They rattled the snow, forced their way up through the cold blanket and into the air, blooming and thriving with no sunshine and only the snowfall all around. His gaze flickered to her trail even as she greeted him. Where she had left them, they lay withered and dying.

Something about it was both beautiful and heartbreaking.

"Hi," he said, quietly—as always these days. He was tired of sound and of brashness, choosing to step with caution and care and listen rather than boast. Slowly, his head tilted to his side as his gaze traveled up to hers. The long mess of his forelock slid off of his face. "What's your name again? Ne, Na, something?" He had heard it, once; he had heard it goddamnit, but he was older now—more tired, more worn. Things stuck neither as quickly nor as deeply, and it left a guilty little bite in his heart.

[ @Naerys ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 08-13-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 08-13-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 08-27-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 09-07-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 09-20-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 10-03-2015, 11:53 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Mauja - 10-20-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: The Phantom Agony - by Naerys - 11-11-2015, 02:35 AM