the Rift

[PRIVATE] one red thread

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
His broad brow creases as his lady seems to tremble before him, in response to his tone. This is not what he wants- it’s the last thing he wants. He sighs softly, willing the tension out of his body. This was a roller coaster- he wasn’t used to it. His mistrust and growing anger shouted for him to demand answers, to seize control of the situation and take charge. But the look on Rexanna’s face, the nervous flickering of her ears- these actions pulled at his heart and caused him to gentle.

Her eyes flit to and from his gaze- he wasn’t sure if he had managed to gentle the hardness in his eyes. Slowly, he lowers his head so it’s at her level, ears perked towards her as he listens to her confession. Confusion crosses the black markings on his face- a lie about her past? So? The past was the past, he didn’t care. He hadn’t even told her his past in its entirety. Warmth begins to return to his face as his deep voice starts to roll as she pauses her confession, “Rexanna, do you think that I care how blue your blood is? I don’t, but why did you feel the need to lie about-”

‘I also lied about only being yours.’

He cuts off abruptly. The warmth flees from his face, from his eyes icy pools. The burn of anger and pain did nothing to thaw them. He sees her cringe, he sees her shame, he can feel her remorse in the air between them. Air that crackled with tension, now, as the elephant felt the sickening burn in his barrel and chest.

Large ears flick backwards- not entirely pinned to his head. He pulls his head up, away from the gilded woman, whom he had just moments before he had been reaching towards. Anger opens his thick lips to speak, but he snaps shut his jaw to reign in his temper. His muscles twitch as the teeth clench- his boring gaze leaving the mare and staring into the white horizon over her shoulder.

A deep, harsh breath- he thinks he is under control now. Though the pain is not. He had opened himself as he hadn’t in a long while. Though, at least now he was not looking at a burnt corpse, as he had with Mara. These thoughts mollified his fury, though only augment the ache in his barrel. “Who-“ his voice his sharper, deeper, angrier, than he intends it to be, so he pauses for a moment. Besides, does the who matter? Not yet.

“Why, Rexanna? Why lie?” His rumble is throaty and still angry, but has lost the sharp, accusatory edge. “You pledged yourself to me freely, I did not steal the choice from you. If you cared for me as deeply as you claimed- or even half as much as I cared for you- why steal this trust, this hope, from us?” He sighs sadly, all traces of anger melting as his unseeing eyes leave the snow and return to her face, “Rexanna… my life has educated me well in the ways of loss. When you find something right, something good,  something precious, then you hold on to it. You fight for it. You treasure it. There is not enough time- not nearly enough time- to spend with loved ones during this life, however long it may be. So when you find someone you love, you do not test that love. You do not threaten it. You spend every possible moment simply loving them.”

His low voice ends quietly, and he turns his head away from the mare. It’s too much- all he can see is Rexanna’s betrayal and Mara’s death in his eyes. So they shutter close, blocking out this reality. His jaw clenches tightly, muscles leaping beneath the silvered skin of his cheek.
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
one red thread - by Rexanna - 08-13-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: one red thread - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: one red thread - by Rexanna - 08-15-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: one red thread - by Tembovu - 08-15-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: one red thread - by Rexanna - 08-16-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: one red thread - by Tembovu - 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM