the Rift

[PRIVATE] one red thread

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Dark, deep pools open. They’re glassy, reflecting the white meadow that’s such a comically picturesque setting for this love that’s collapsing between them. Is that was this was? The end? The thought kicked Tembovu deep in the gut, forcing a hurt snort from his thick nostrils. He was angry, yes. He was hurt, yes. But the thought of not having Rexanna pained him more than the words coming from her lying mouth. Perhaps it was the idea of not having her? He toyed with that idea- did he just want companionship?

No. He did not want the spend the night on a beach with another mare. He had met many here in Helovia, though had not yet found one he was so drawn to. He gritted his teeth as she continued to speak, still not willing to look at her. ’It’s not that simple,’ her explanation started to cut him deeper with each word. Was loving him not simple? Had he made it difficult? Forced love of who? His ears pin further against his head, eyes sweeping across the meadow. Seeking something else- for his mind wanted away from her, away from his memories, away from this pain.

’You were the other one.’

His gaze sharpens as it swings abruptly to meet hers. His ears are still laid back, and the hurt is now plainly written in his creased brow and lines around his eyes. “I was the other?” His voice is incredulous, “And you did not think to mention this before? On the beach?” The deepness in his voice is becoming accusatory, so he cuts himself short. A fight will only bring insults and heartache. Well, more heartache.

He sighs, calming the red that has started to invade his mind. He quells the anger, for it has no place with a lover. He should practice as he preached, anyway. He closes his eyes, focusing on her words, which would have meant so much more in a different setting. ’My whole world changed when I met you,’; ’I love you so much.’

He looks at her again, not immune to her lovely teal gaze even in spite of all that has transpired. It captures him- and she is right. It was best for him to find out from her than from this other, ‘forced love’ stag. What did that mean?

A resigned breath escapes him, for he knows he needs the truth in order to move on with this mare. And he realizes then that he does want to move on with her. This petite gilded princess, who had woven her lies around him and caught an elephant in her web. “Rexanna, I love you. But I need to know the truth of what happened. You claim to love me, yet have a ‘forced love’ with someone else? What does that mean? With who?” He pins his ears now, and narrows his eyes in distaste, for he knows the answers he needs are not ones he will enjoy hearing. A ripple passes through his thick hide, the bars on his back shuddering as he waits.
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
one red thread - by Rexanna - 08-13-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: one red thread - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: one red thread - by Rexanna - 08-15-2015, 12:36 AM
RE: one red thread - by Tembovu - 08-15-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: one red thread - by Rexanna - 08-16-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: one red thread - by Tembovu - 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM