the Rift

[OPEN] (almost) Spring Cleaning

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“I’m sure my size makes up for yours, Anzanie,” he calls good-naturedly over his shoulder as he walks off. He arrives to the wall. Or lack thereof a wall. He had chosen an area of rather large chunks of glass. For the time being, he had opted to leave the larger expanses of intact wall standing. He would just clear the chunks of fallen glass between the sporadic glass stretches. He planned on filling in the stretches with glass spikes later— and then attack the remaining parts of still standing wall. That way the borders were never fully open.

Though, despite his well thought out plan, he still uncertainly eyes the large chunks of razor sharp glass. He knew his had rank magic, but he had only managed to melt glass. He wanted to save these large pieces for reusing for spikes. He eyes the smaller shards- those would be fine for melting. Though the larger pieces— the ones ranging from half as large as him to twice his size— those would be difficult.

Calmly approaching a large chunk, he glances once over his shoulder— partly hoping his audience wouldn’t be watching his first attempt. A quick, lopsided smile to the mares is all he spares, before turning to glare at the icy glass. He’s chosen a monster of a piece, easily double his massive size. Go big or go home, right?

Rearing and reaching for the cold fire that forever burned in the depths of his chest, he crashed his hooves against the smooth surface. A resounding, deafening gong-like sound reverberated over the dusting of snow. At first, nothing seemed to happen…

But then a fine cobwebbing of cracks splinter the surface, a fine mist escaping from them. And the piece of glass split neatly into four, manageable spike-shaped pieces. A grin split the elephant’s face. Success!

He repeats the process on a smaller hunk of glass. Again, it breaks in to manageable, spike-shaped pieces. He nods to them, glancing at the mares, “I’ll break a few more down while you ladies load the cart. Just the spikes, I think. I’ll see if I can get rid of the smaller pieces…” His voice trails off as he approaches a stretch of snow that is peppered with small glass razors.

Hesitantly he takes a step onto the minefield. Fine mist gathers around his gargantuan hoof as it contacts the sharp fragments. The larger pieces promptly melt to (frigid) water beneath his feet, while the smaller slivers dissipate to mist and float away. Trudging back and forth a few times, he quickly realizes that cleaning up the small fragments will be a never-ending project. For only the pieces that contact his hooves dissolve. That will be a task to pass time on another day.

He snorts, shakes his mane, and returns his attention back to the large pieces and the mares, “Perhaps we’ll just focus on the large chunks, for now.” He ruefully grins at the mares, continuing to break glass. Despite having Glazier magic, it still was back-breaking work. A sheen of sweat darkened his silver buckskin hide to a deep gold. Steam rose from him in the cool weather, as he alternated between smashing glass and loading the cart.

When the cart was nearly toppling from crystal spears, he reassessed the harness. “We can push while you pull, Anzanie?” Though his voice ends in a question, he already moves to behind the cart to push it towards the clearing with the glass dragon.
Image // Coding

ooc| I’m sorry I skipped you, @Alysanne ! I just wanted to get this thread moving a little bit <3 And I assumed @Anzanie got unattached from the cart somehow to load glass? haha I forgot to include that :3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
(almost) Spring Cleaning - by Tembovu - 08-13-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Anzanie - 08-16-2015, 02:38 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Alysanne - 08-16-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Tembovu - 08-20-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Anzanie - 08-23-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Alysanne - 08-31-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Tembovu - 09-05-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Anzanie - 09-19-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Tembovu - 10-03-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: (almost) Spring Cleaning - by Anzanie - 10-15-2015, 04:44 PM