the Rift

[PRIVATE] nom de bloom

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
@Cheveyo !

This is my first time writing in 1st person in about 7 years lmfao but I wanted to try something different with him so please excuse the awfulness >.> Badger is about to eat some leaves from a fallen yew branch, which is a+ poisonous, SOMEBODY STAHP HIM

It's cold, and the endless winter bites at my bones as I trudge through the snow, desperately foraging for something to eat. My stomach gurgles relentlessly,  and my copious fat stores have already dwindled away. I am hardly lean - even I will admit that - but I am not as delightfully round as I like to be. And I'm hungry all the time. I am not cut out to be a wild horse, and in winter I have next to no chance. Although I have a herd now and can rely on their resources, it is still not enough to feet my voracious appetite.

With grass buried beneath the snow, which hurts my nose when I try to ferret beneath it, I have had to turn my attentions to food above ground. The only problem is that I have never been taught what is poisonous and what isn't. I know the humans pulled up certain plants from my field, but I had never actually seen them to know what they are. Ironically, I have a passing knowledge of healing herbs, and could probably stop somebody from bleeding to death in a pinch, but I don't know anything about edible herbs. Which is tremendously helpful.

I shuffle towards the Thistle Meadow - which, if it does what it says on the tin, should be full of yummy greenery for me to chew on. My tail swings to bat away the flies, the first sign that spring is on its way...just not close enough for me not to starve to death in the meantime. I burrow around, snuffling and sniffing and chomping whatever greenery I can find, a greedy glint in my eye as I enter a feeding frenzy. I need to fill my stomach with everything I can, just in case I can't find another source of food before spring.

A fallen branch laden with green needles catches my eye. It sits innocently on top of a patch of snow, and I don't recognise the tree it has fallen from. Well, no tree is poisonous, right? Trees are the friendly, cuddly sentinels of the forest - it's the pricky shrubs and dangerous undergrowth and pretty-but-deadly flowers you have to watch out for. Trees are safe, so with a happy gurgle I lean my jowls down, lips hungrily peeled and ready to munch down some of those fabulous-looking needles...

B A D G E R

Messages In This Thread
nom de bloom - by Badger - 08-18-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: nom de bloom - by Cheveyo - 08-24-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: nom de bloom - by Badger - 08-24-2015, 12:22 PM