the Rift

[OPEN] over the hills [herb gathering]

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
Bitter Frostfall was finally pushed out of our lands with an all mighty shove by the sweet songs of the birds. But Frostfall has left traces of her self behind; as if unwilling to let us forget so easily her existence, a grim reminder that she will return. Birds joyfully sound their trumpets to usher in the season of life. I suppose there was not much originality in the naming of the season that births green. Birdsong is upon us finally. With it comes the racing pulse of the season.

I have put my nose into business I know nothing of. The mare before me is not one I would guess to be any older than I, but her knowledge is beyond her years; or at least leagues ahead of my own. I prefer the thought that she is merely wise for her age, why would I wish to be outdone by another?

Today is a day of herb gathering. Our healer, the Time Mender, challenges us. Oh how I wish to impress her. She is of rank and of good standing. The Time Mender could help me climb ranks if I land myself in her good favor. 

The knowledge pertaining to the herbs interests me. From these plants one can derive the ability to aid life or to lay waste; one can throw on the cloak of the grim reaper or bestow the gift of a god. It is another language that lies before me. Perhaps I can learn more of it than what I manage to speak of my current tongue. A good natured, self mocking grin lounges on my face. 

"I am unsure as to what excites me more," I weave my words together with charm, "the possibilities of what is to be learned today or the chance of seeing your breathtaking smile, Lena." Birdsong flits through my being and drags my flirtatious nature from my typically quiet lips. I have not spoken with the time mender personally prior to this but I have heard her name mentioned. And there is no missing her simple beauty. 

In my time I have witnessed the abundance of exotic beauty that Helovia has to offer. The land is a diverse one that is filled with enough potential to drive a stallion mad. But Lena, she catches my eyes with her own. Deep brown pools filled with intelligence. What is a mare, or anyone at all really, without a good head on their shoulders?

"What is your favorite herb here? And what is its use?" Eyes downcast at the plants at my hooves I wonder what her answer will be. I am amazed that the same thing an insect feasts upon could aid or destroy the mightiest of warriors. 

@Lena

Messages In This Thread
over the hills [herb gathering] - by Lena - 08-17-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Demothi - 08-20-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Tiamat - 08-20-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Enna - 08-20-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by NPC - 08-23-2015, 06:20 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Lena - 08-23-2015, 08:22 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Tiamat - 09-03-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Enna - 09-16-2015, 04:27 AM
RE: over the hills [herb gathering] - by Tangere - 09-26-2015, 04:06 PM