the Rift

[OPEN] Homeward Bound [Welcoming]

Sky Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sky's trot floated along side Aeolus as her wide curious eyes eagerly drank in her surroundings, waiting for the next adventure to present itself. She was wound tightly with excitement and wondered if her hooves even touch the earth. Maybe she would suddenly float into the air, like her new winged friend could. Then she found herself looking over his magnificent wings, how did a birds appendages meld with that of her species? Would he fly away from her? That would frighten and sadden her greatly if he did. Then he fell back in line with her, and she bashfully looked away. She hoped he didn't catch her gawking.

Her nostrils flared and her feet slowly halted in the semi-frozen earth as the cliffs and waterfalls visage encompassed her senses.
It's beautiful... she whispered. For a moment longer her eyes lingered on the diving waterfalls that carved into the landscape. Then warm brown eyes shifted to Aeolus and she continued along side him.

"I lived in a kingdom. An empty one. Except for me and my guardians. She exhaled a soft breath, not realizing she had been holding her breath again. "There was water like this too." A small smile crossed her maw. For a moment she was as still and peaceful as a pond. Then when the path opened up into a vast flat meadow, hooves sliced into the dirt and Sky took off galloping, bucking, all while tossing her mane wildly about her neck. And off like a raging river she was!

She yelled over her shoulder I LOVE IT! She whinnied loudly in excitement as muscles flexed and pulled her agile strong young frame across the large meadow. She laughed and sunk in her hind feet, hocks skidding across the little sprouts as she spun around and reared up playfully. Sky was purely enjoying herself and with a friend! For the first time in a long time, she wasn't alone.

speaking tag Aeolus

Credits for image: horse Loopie2008-stock cave bookwack ocean Alegion-stock Light brushes anodyne-stock
all at deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Homeward Bound [Welcoming] - by Aeolus - 08-17-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Homeward Bound [Welcoming] - by Sky - 09-08-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Homeward Bound [Welcoming] - by Kaj - 09-13-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: Homeward Bound [Welcoming] - by Aeolus - 09-13-2015, 06:19 PM