the Rift

Curiosity Brings Change

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean mare smiles bashfully when the scarred black stallion greets her, inquiring if she is alright. Her heart still thrums in her ears and the weight of dread and apprehension still tighten her chest, but she feels a temporary sort of relief now to be in the familiar company of a friend. “I’m better now,” she says, allowing her grin to grow a little more confident on her lips. She would never lie to Nox of course, but there is a time and place for everything, and she doesn’t need to worry everyone now with the subdued panic that lingers forebodingly in her mind, flashing at her ghastly images of fears she hopes to leave behind.

No, now is a time for Akeldama, and she gives the pretty antlered mare her attention willingly, wanting nothing more than to forget herself and offer aid to a stranger. After all, she had been that stranger once—several years ago, when the kind brown mare had taken her freely into her companionship and led her home. Home. Tiamat smiles, wanting to offer Akeldama such acceptance as she had received.

White eyes drift again to her dark friend when he continues, his words enticing a light chuckle from Tiamat’s lips and she shakes her head, the shells tinkling in her mane. “There is nothing to be scared of, I promise. He’s more bark than bite,” she speaks to the other mare, casting a playful glance to Nox in her lighthearted tease, meaning only the best by it and wanting to ease the minor tension between the two. After all, the ocean mare knows nothing else of the black stallion. Despite the roughness of his appearance, she has seen the goodness in his heart, and believes unequivocally in its honest influence.

It is then when their company is joined by another, a black-spotted stallion that she has never seen before. Naturally Tiamat gives him a friendly smile as she would anyone else, although movement from the corner of her eye snags her attention, and she turns to see that Akeldama has shifted closer to her. The blue unicorn’s grin softens, and she too moves just a little bit closer to the other mare, readily offering what ease she might need. The last thing she wants is for Akeldama to feel crowded or uncomfortable, but at the same time, she doesn’t want the stallion—Mauja, he says—to feel shirked either.

“It’s a pleasure, Mauja. I’m Tiamat,” her smile widens again to flash the whiteness of her teeth—so childlike in her trusting of others—and she considers introducing the other two, but not wanting to force them into the spotlight, she allows them to do as they wish.

A dainty ear twisting with the midnight mare’s voice, white eyes follow suit to look to her face. “Oh but your antlers are so lovely! Their color is stunning,” Tiamat glows, admiring the golden crown atop the mare’s head, before her gaze follows Akeldama’s around their little gathering. “We all have different horns here; Helovia is full of a wide variety of individuals, as I’m sure you can guess. It’s beautiful,” had she been more exposed to the cold realities of the world, Tiamat might take note of the simple fact that they all are unicorns and the prejudices that some might call upon, but as it is, she only sees their companionship.

“I believe we all are members of a herd,” she continues, “Nox here and I are from a herd called Aurora Basin, up North. It’s a remarkable place.” The ocean mare’s features brighten at the mention of her homeland, obviously quite taken with it. It is her home, she loves it, and she feels honored to call it such. “Mauja, I believe you said you were from World’s Edge?” She glances courteously to the spotted stallion, not knowing much more than the name of his land, before looking back to Akeldama. “And there are two other herds as well. You’re welcome to join any of them, or also travel Helovia as an Outcast, which is simply someone who isn’t connected to a herd—a rogue, as you said,” Tiamat gives a little nod and a smile to her.

notes; I figured I'd leave the boys to explain more themselves so Tia doesn't take over xD
“Speech.”
image credits | @Akeldama @Mortuus Nox @Mauja
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity Brings Change - by akeldama - 08-18-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mortuus Nox - 08-18-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by akeldama - 08-19-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Tiamat - 08-19-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mortuus Nox - 08-20-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mauja - 08-21-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by akeldama - 08-21-2015, 10:19 AM