the Rift

Curiosity Brings Change
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
[ No worries! I'm a sucker for actually finishing threads (on my part lol) though so last post from me. <3 ]

Well.

Turns out this was tasting too similar to what he had experienced just a few days prior—a feeling like destroying something fragile, of not fitting in, of standing out like a sore thumb, of..

Of being a bad individual.

It had very little grounding in either of logic and reality—it was just the kind of slow, seeping feeling that drifted up from the bottom of your tentative soul, growing blacker and blacker with each inch until it was a flood of poison in your veins. It was food for the fire of uncertainty, a voice in the back of his head whispering you are still that demon.

(He thinks of a dream, of gold leaking out through his every scar, of gold shining out of his eyes; of a golden shield holding the darkness at bay, as the demons of his mind hurled themselves against it, desperate to drag his soul back into the darkness.)

He had fallen, then, through the core of the world, with the words I have damned myself ringing through the chaos.

He had meant his choices in life; the things he had done. Now.. now it felt more like Helovia had permanently branded him "villain" even though the Mauja of the dream was buried beneath sixteen feet of ice and snow and no one here and any way of knowing what sort of stupid shit he'd done in his time.

It was a strange repetition of the meeting with Sabriel; Akeldama's voice was short in the same sense, lacking hints of animosity but biting all the same.

She had even shied away from him, too, even though the blue mare smiled her pleasure. Somehow, he reflected the gesture. When she looked to him for confirmation on where he belonged, he nodded. The World's Edge—the ass-end of Helovia. No wonder Akeldama so quickly made up her mind to go with Big Scary and Blue Lady, though Mauja figured it had more to do with Blue Lady. "Of course," he said mildly, once again staving off a hollowing disappointment that threatened to swarm his eyes with tears. "I wish you luck, all of you."

Irma descended from the lonely sky to ride his shoulders as he turned to trek back home.

[ @Mortuus Nox @Akeldama @Tiamat | This is the dream referenced: the lanterns won't go out at night ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity Brings Change - by akeldama - 08-18-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mortuus Nox - 08-18-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by akeldama - 08-19-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Tiamat - 08-19-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mortuus Nox - 08-20-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mauja - 08-21-2015, 04:21 AM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by akeldama - 08-21-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Tiamat - 08-21-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Curiosity Brings Change - by Mortuus Nox - 08-24-2015, 08:03 PM