the Rift

Perseverance
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

Smaller and daintier than either of them, a golden ray stepped into the center of their introduction, claiming she too was from the World’s Edge. Ophelia recognized her, but only from a distance, and she was unperturbed by the addition to their conversation. In fact, she was far more comfortable with another by her side, so she could hide behind her words and not her own. Very few looked at her now with an open expression, especially since most were aware of her tumultuous and bloody history. At two, she had brought war upon the Foothills (now the Falls) and lead a band of mercenaries and spies.

She was at the root of three wars, her intelligence and strategy urging drastic action, but clever as she was, Ophelia was not the one to take credit. Deimos and Archibald were the heroes of the Falls, though it was she who secured their safety to invade and made the crucial introductions. Throughout Helovia’s history, she was hiding in the corners of major events, and thus many were at least aware of who she was. Being new and unknown was refreshing, and she smiled warmly at Jahzara and their (hopeful) new recruit.

The stranger seemed kind enough, her amusement clear and shared when she told her name. Ophelia chuckled, finding their kinship (in name only) to be quite interesting, and she smiled a bit wider, mousy lips curling in the expression which reached her stranger, two-colored eyes. “Nice to meet you, Ophyreia,” she said warmly. The Forsaken shifted her weight onto one hip, relaxing visibly. “Do you go by a shortened name? Mine is ‘Phi’,” she offered, wondering if their pet-names would be more distinguishing than their full ones.

Phi felt rather caught off guard by this stranger’s question. She knew very little open her home, so she turned to Jahzara, speaking slowly. “I am new to the land. My… uh… One of the leaders, Torleik, was once my general, and he was chosen to govern the World’s Edge, so I followed,” she said, furrowing her brows and clearing her throat a little nervously. “But yes, the forests are lovely, and the atmosphere is friendly.” The pale princess looked up at Tinek when the stranger gasped, and she smiled softly. Her dragon purred in a gentle way, hanging from the tree by his thick, scaled tail.

“He is Tinek,” she introduced. The dragon blinked his red eyes and clicked his front talons together in a wave he learned from another dragon, Comadre. Comfortable in the middle of the conversation, he reached out and untangled part of Ophelia’s mane, though his gaze was captivated by the shiny mussel shells that wrapped around Ophyreia’s neck. 

@Jahzara @Ophyreia

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-19-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophelia - 08-19-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Jahzara - 08-19-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-19-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophelia - 08-19-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ilios - 08-19-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Jahzara - 08-20-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-20-2015, 01:21 PM