the Rift

Perseverance

Ophyreia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Their pleasant introductions quickly took a turn into more uncomfortable territory, as Ophelia - or "Phi" - asked for a nickname to refer to her as. What an unusual request from a stranger. Were nicknames not something shared only between friends in this realm? Blinking her rust red eyes as if that would wash away the brightness of uncertainty, she stomped one of her heavily feathered hooves. Before Ophyreia took the leap into unchartered territory, however, the ivory woman continued on to describe this "Torleik." The grulla mare tilted her head ever so slightly as she detected just a hint of anxiety from her otherwise confident new acquaintance. What an interesting reaction to describing one's leader... she suspected there was more to that story.

Giving a name to the intriguing little dragon upon the branches brought a genuine smile to Ophyreia's velveteen muzzle. She bowed her head slightly to the dragon, appreciating its obvious intelligence. "What a pleasure, Tinek." Whether this species could understand her speech she did not know, but she gave him the courtesy of her doubt.

Raising her head, sinewy muscles rippling with the movement of her long neck, her eyes rested upon the arrival of yet another, this time a strapping young stallion. He introduced himself as Ilios, and she was rather impressed with the silver and teal wings that adorned his shoulders. This Dragon's Throat he spoke of sounded imposing, sparking her curiosity once more. The youth's greeting was quickly overlapped by Jahzara's tentative description of the World's Edge. A wooded region, blanketed in mist with views of the ocean's endless reach. Shadowed ears pricking once more, Ophyreia approached the golden mare, crimson eyes gazing into contrasting aqua ones. The woman's innocence was refreshing and charming. "Your home sounds flawless, Jahzara. I would love to join you," she replied contentedly. Swinging her attention back to the warmblooded alabaster, she added, "If your Torleik will have me?" 

With the indefinite offer of a new home, the earthen mare couldn't help but prance forward with a small burst of enthusiasm. Her thick charcoal tresses waved behind her, enhancing her animation. She looked toward the young stallion who had only just joined their small group. "The Edge sounds much more suitable for my tastes, but perhaps I will visit this Throat that you speak of. It sounds quite riveting." Turning toward Ophelia, she offered a small smile as she took the leap she had been so unsure of just minutes before.

"You can call me Phyre." 

TAG: @Ophelia @Jahzara @Ilios
COUNT:  416 words
NOTES:

Messages In This Thread
Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-19-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophelia - 08-19-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Jahzara - 08-19-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophyreia - 08-19-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ophelia - 08-19-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Ilios - 08-19-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: Perseverance - by Jahzara - 08-20-2015, 10:42 AM