the Rift

[OPEN] herbology

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

THEY LIED WHEN THEY SAID THE GOOD DIE YOUNG

It is a chilly spring morning as I meander across the Throat's now-lush landscape, and oh, I've never been more happy to have chosen to live here. Grass is everywhere, and I just want to gorge myself on it after a long winter of near-starvation. Well, near-starvation by my standards, anyway; I am used to rich foods, warmth and stability, so surviving my first winter in the wild is one hell of an achievement for me. My sleeker sides and new slimline figure demonstrate the effects the season has had on me, but I'm alive and that is all that matters. Come next winter I may be better prepared - this time, I had been too busy trying to come to terms with freedom and the wilderness, with magic and unicorns and a blessed lack of humanity.

So I move through the Throat at a steady amble, my jaws hungrily ripping great chunks of lush spring grass from the ground. As hungry as I am, though, my intention isn't to eat my way through the entire Throat - no, I have a far more important mission. Ever since I helped save the black pegasus with my herb knowledge, I have grown even more determined to fufill my duties as a healer of this herd. I need to do something with my life. This is my calling; I save lives. Perhaps it's what I was born to do. I can't fight, I'm no politician or diplomat, I can't even do what every animal craves and pass my genes down to the next generation, but I can heal. So heal I will.

I  am looking for herbs to keep and stash, should I ever need them to help somebody. It isn't as good as having a healing-related magic, of course,  but as Shadow could testify, it did just fine in a pinch. She and her foal are alive because of me, and that's the greatest thing I have ever done in my life. I soon locate a crop of the raspberry leaves I'd used to stop the black mare bleeding out, and I quickly chop a few strands and stash them under a nearby rock. Pondering, I wonder if there is some way a magical Helovian could create me a bag to keep my herbs in, perhaps one that hangs from my halter....oh, I have really discovered my passion now! ""

image credits

@Morrigan

Messages In This Thread
herbology - by Badger - 08-20-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: herbology - by Sheba - 08-20-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: herbology - by Morrigan - 08-31-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: herbology - by Badger - 09-08-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: herbology - by Sheba - 09-15-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: herbology - by Morrigan - 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: herbology - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 12:14 PM