the Rift

[OPEN] herbology

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't becoming unbearably bored with the lack of activity lately, driven into madness by the withdrawal from anything even remotely interesting. It was almost amusing at how dull things had become ever since I had started separating myself from Bucephalus, in fact, I hadn't even seen the winged stallion in a few months. Sikeax was somewhere, I was sure of it...But, other than that there was a general lack of friendship between the rest of the herd and myself. I was just a shadow of the desert, with no one but Pongo to keep me company.
A small wave of resentment washed over me, a feeling that was not my own. I realized that it was actually my beloved bongo shooting a glare at me, trying to express that my concerns made him feel as though his company had not been good enough. "I'm sorry Pongo, it's just really quiet with the two of us." The antelope seemed to understand what I meant, pausing to think it over before giving a final nod and returning to his grazing. Spring had been a God-send to us, the both of us were finally beginning to put back some weight to our thin frames.
Pongo suddenly started sputtering and hacking, his small tongue desperately trying to scrape something off. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was fluffy white hairs...A small puff of fur that had caught in the vegetation from someone that was losing their winter coat. I couldn't help but chuckle at my companion's expense while movement caught my attention ahead. There was a stallion scavenging the earth for...something...And a snowy mare, who must have been the culprit to Pongo's hairball. Both of the figures were unfamiliar to me, and the stallion wore a strange contraption on his head. I stood and watched them for some time, realizing that the stallion was actually gathering plants and stashing them under rocks. I had done similar things with useful herbs, though I let freshly picked plants hang from my braids for future use. Was this a new healer to the herd?

Softly, I stepped closer to the ivory mare, though made sure to keep enough distance in case she startled easily to avoid a jab of her sharp horn or a hard kick. I felt more comfortable at the side of another vixen, rather than approaching the stallion first. Even if he was of my rank. Scarlet orbs glanced at the mare for a second before offering a friendly nod towards her. "Hello, pleasant day today, yes?" It was a sad attempt at a conversation starter as I looked back up towards the stallion that now had an audience. I made sure to speak audibly loud enough for the both of them to hear me, welcoming both to converse with me though preferring to stay nearer to the mare.

Pongo, having finally spat out the last of the hairs, did not want near the shedding vixen and cast a stern look at her as he waltzed right on by. He was a bit more curious about the stallion's actions, beginning to follow his footsteps and sniffing every plant that the healer plucked from.

@Badger & @Sheba
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
herbology - by Badger - 08-20-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: herbology - by Sheba - 08-20-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: herbology - by Morrigan - 08-31-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: herbology - by Badger - 09-08-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: herbology - by Sheba - 09-15-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: herbology - by Morrigan - 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: herbology - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 12:14 PM