the Rift

[OPEN] something wicked this way comes...? [Bloodfall report]

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai

"Warriors do not leave a battle."

The boy flinched visibly as he turned and stared back into the piercing blue eyes of the Sultan. He could feel their judging eyes weigh on him, brown and blue, blue and brown, all while his insides roiled in shame and his feet longed to start running again. The only thing they were good at.

But he didn't bow away, nor did he avert his gaze. Instead something sulky, defiant and angry flashed across the young face, self-righteous and stubborn.

"It wasn't my fight!" he snapped mulishly, pushing aside the small part of him that quivered and cowed in face of his leaders disappointment. He could oppose them, because they were only mortals like himself. Flesh and blood, doomed to perish one day, with no more power to smite or curse than he possessed himself. They weren't gods.

He pushed away the vision of Ranjiri's gold-kissed face too as he turned towards Megaera, ears still tilted back as he answered her question;

"North, more east than west; it'll be quicker if you fly over the Falls. Look for a mountain where the trees are red... you can't miss it."

He watched her go after that, gritting his teeth at the harsh glare. Who was she to put blame on him? Who were any of them to decide what he ought to do with his own life?

"It wasn't my fight" he repeated, as if trying to convince himself. Burning, glowing eyes returned to Gaucho and the pacing stopped, the colt growing rigid in the effort to refrain from raising his voice. "Why should I fight when it doesn't concern me who wins? What could I even do against a god? A god, Gaucho!"

Flames crackled and snapped as they burned on his crest, hungrily licking skin without singeing the steely coat. He looked angry and upset as he trampled grass into mush beneath slate hooves, prepared - or so he thought - for whatever scolding or punishment the Sultan surely would hand out.

Wonder Why A Lone Wolf Don't Run With A Clan
only Trust Your Instincts And Be One With The Plan
Credits

@Gaucho

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: something wicked this way comes...? [Bloodfall report] - by Cathun - 08-31-2015, 03:47 PM