the Rift

[OPEN] The Mountains Cage the Monsters In

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

“You will have to show me sometime.” Flat and passionless as it is said, you had never heard of his method of making fire, never even given it much thought. You had not needed such things in your life before the snow, before the chill that has seemed to seep into every corner of your soul, and even now there are those who command the power to simply make it appear. As he speaks again you laugh, the sound slightly more sardonic than you had meant it, the grin that lingers holding just a touch of warmth, an inkling of amusement. “And what makes you think it is because of you? Have you wronged me?” It is partially rhetorical, but the edge that you cannot remove from your voice somehow works to unsettle you further. Another day, another time, you may have pushed him further, pressing the buttons that you are sure are there, jesting with him whether or not he would be a willing participant. But your patience, your humor, once again wears thin, the spark in your eyes, that little glimmer of anger, of humor, of liveliness, fading with your interest.

“I’m Enna, one of the Menders, alongside Lena.” Perhaps the second part is not necessary but you inwardly shrug, taking pride in the one thing in your life that actually feels right; that is constructive and not a path leading to spiraling self-defeat. Everything else had gone up in flames—your heart, dreams, fears, aspirations—all of it dissolved in to ash, insignificant in its emptiness. Brows furrow once more as you look him over, swallowing hard as you fumble with questions in your head, not one of them producing more than an ember of interest, none of them something that you truly care to know the answer to. But the idea of listening to something other than your incessant thoughts is too comforting to deny, quickly forcing you to pick the one that would encourage him to answer questions rather than asking them. “Have you discovered what you want to do here?”

@Mortuus Nox

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mountains Cage the Monsters In - by Enna - 08-31-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: The Mountains Cage the Monsters In - by Enna - 09-17-2015, 04:07 AM
RE: The Mountains Cage the Monsters In - by Enna - 10-01-2015, 05:20 AM