the Rift

[OPEN] Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching]

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

The buzzing bees and chirping birds had drawn the now resting colt out of the Throat. It was well passed time to visit his little sister. She was a year old now of course and he told her he would be back for his birthday. It was his plan to stop on the way and grab some pretty flowers maybe a cool stone for a present.  That's just what he did, the boy found a nice little patch of lavender and picked a whole mouth full. How happy she would be to see him with her present. Excitement pounded through him as he trotted proudly towards the Hidden Falls.

Of course he had thoughts that she wouldn't be happy to see him. He was terrified the smoky black would have moved on, or worse; resent him. What if he was out with his blood family, for good? What would he do then? He could try and tell himself that they didn't matter, that he had an even better family in the Throat, but that would only be a lie. Shaking the horrible thoughts away he turned his attention to the world around him.

The sound of flapping wings brought the the boy to a halt. Carefully he crept towards the edge of the Thistle Meadow wondering what was going on.  Silver eyes caught sight of the person he had been heading to see. She was trying to fly, probably for the first time, and failing just as horribly as he had. Instead of rushing to help the boy staid in the shadows watching her. It wasn't until she tumbled to the ground that he chuckled preparing to head out. Her sweet childish voice brought him up short though. He caught something about an egg before he trotted out of the trees. Whinnying warmly he moved into a smooth canter his growing muscles flexing and relaxing as he moved.

Striding up to her he slowed before holding out his gift. If she didn't take it the boy would lay his gift at her dainty hooves. "Hey there sis." His deep happy chuckle sounded warmly as he gazed at her. When did she get that tall? She was eye level with him now, no she couldn't be this tall. He wasn't  ready for her to grow up. "Happy Birthday! I know it isn't much, but i hope you like the lavender." He smiled then the egg caught his sharp attention. "What do you have there?! Areli!" He turned to her with sharp excitement and a twinge of jealousy that he stuffed down quickly. "Areli, I think you've found a companion egg, like Mother has!" He turned back to the egg then to her again.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; @Areli
Words; 452
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Messages In This Thread
Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-21-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 08-21-2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-26-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-03-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 09-05-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-21-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM