the Rift

[OPEN] Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

I'M A WHISPER LOST UPON WIND, I'M THE EMBER THAT WILL BURN YOU DOWN
I'M THE WATER THAT'LL DROWN YOU, I'M A STAR THAT'S JUST A BLACK HOLE NOW

At the anger flashing over the other colt's face, Volterra feels a soar of delight at the prospect of a fight - however, the rage quickly gives way to a laugh, and the mammoth's eyebrow twitches curiously. His posturing of a few seconds earlier has disappeared, and he seems quite on board with the flirting, as long as it's not performed in front of him. The yearling snorts, but makes no further comment. It will be a good while before the attractive filly can truly appreciate the fire she arouses in his heart, anyway.

Her attention seems fully focused on her new companion - a wolf, it appears. Vaguely, a memory from his childhood, Volterra remembers another mare with a wolf, a cowardly one who hid between her legs whilst the great red dragon soared above. He does, however, appreciate that wolves are creatures to be respected, creatures who hunt in packs and who have often stalked him from the undergrowth like thieves in the night. The awe on the filly's face and the way she hungers to touch the new fur of her companion reminds the giant of when his own bonded hatched, and all he wanted to do was caress the glimmering crimson scales.

Areli notices that the wolf bears resemblance to a pendant she bears, and the coincidence of that is rather impressive. "She will need meat," he advises. Ilios suggests drying it, but in Volterra's eyes food is more important than comfort. When his dragon was born, he had weeks to prepare, and killed numerous small game to ensure his newborn companion would have a full stomach. Somehow, he thinks Areli might not take too kindly to the idea of wanton slaughter. "You may have to hunt for her, as her instinct to kill will probably not be developed yet." His dragon's kill-instinct had developed almost right away, but he is mythical; a wolf is not. He fixes his sharp gaze on the filly. If she is capable of rising to the gruesome challenge, she will rise further in his estimations - and no doubt in his fledgling-stallion sordid thoughts, as well.

image credits

@Areli

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-21-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 08-21-2015, 04:28 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 08-26-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-03-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Areli - 09-05-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Ilios - 09-21-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: Happy Birthday to Me [Hatching] - by Volterra - 09-22-2015, 02:50 PM