the Rift

Riding the Winds

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Seren
interstellar
Seren decided right then and there, she liked this stallion. He was stronger than any she had known, even her own sire, to her eyes and to her ears. He had lived with the terrible parasite that had destroyed part of his world, and Seren had never seen anything like that. Her eyes close and she sees the mountain though, fire spewing from the top, molten and terrible.

An involuntary shiver runs through her at the thought, the memory, and she buries it quickly.

Her eyes open as she looks up to him again, gaze sombre and expression calm.

“Yes... she has.” She says. She says no more, she looks up though and her eyes are calm. “I am sorry for you that this happened to those you know. It is a terrible thing, even more so when the... addiction... is not something that can be taken away,” she says. She knows in her own manner, in her own way. Pride had been Seren's downfall, all those years ago.

In another life, in another world.

When he apologises, she looks up to him, with a gentle smile, “No apology is needed here... none at all...”

Her eyes fall again though, as he asks her of the history that lay behind her. Seren's head rolled backwards, her gaze shifting down and away. It may seem to him, for a moment in time, that she was not going to be answering him – but then she took a deep breath, lifting her head. “No, I am not.”

She says, her voice shaking a little with the words. She had never spoken them out loud before, never talked about her history before the Rift. Seren had kept it to herself, no need to burden others she had thought.

But now she speaks, voice halting at times, but she pushes through this mental block; perhaps it will help her by saying it out loud. “I was pulled to the Rift. I am from a land called Nocturne, ruled by demons. They...” she begins, voice stopping abruptly as the memory burns in her mind, “She. It was not a they, it was a she. She found me, she... decided to punish me for trespassing on demon land. I had gone there seeking a talisman to prove to my brother that there was no demon walking there, but she found me and destroyed Remi. Seren emerged from the shell of Remi, and I was left; I did the demo's bidding, until they ripped Nocturne apart and cast me into hellfire... and I woke in the Rift, where I lived alone until now...” she says.

She looks back up again, anxiety bright in her eyes. “I've never told anyone this. My family believes I'm dead, and it was better that way,” she says.

Looking around at the brilliant crimson of the forest, the water flowing around them, she feels an odd little surge in her chest though, and she turned her working eye back around to Crystarius. “Perhaps we can both find hope here?”

Seren didn't remember what hope was well, but she found something, and more in talking to him. She found already, she liked him; red crystals and all; there was something truly enchanting about him for her – and it had brought part of her out, the part Seren had sworn never to speak of.

Maybe there was hope.

@Crystarius - sorry this is so ridiculously late D: i got caught up with stuff and then procrastinated >.> <333 but i still adore him. I been reading him when I see his posts :D
<3

Messages In This Thread
Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Caenan - 08-22-2015, 08:09 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 08-23-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 08-26-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-03-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Crystarius - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: Riding the Winds - by Seren - 10-24-2015, 11:28 PM