the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
Knox pulls his face away from yours and he stands and you know what you've said to him is not what he wants to hear, but how can you not speak the truth? How can you not point out the error of his train of thought? How can you not dispute his desires when he doesn't even know if he loves you? There is no way that you can agree to something as serious as having a child when you are not guaranteed stability. You may be young, but you spent enough time raising your siblings before you all grew apart from one another.

"I don't know..." You whisper when he asks what will prove it.  You are as new to this as Knox is and you feel like you are just as scared and confused. He tells you about his hurt and you turn your head away because the last thing you want is to hear that he hurts for you... or that you hurt him. "I'm sorry." You can barely hear your own voice and it would honestly be a miracle if Knox is able to hear your apology. "...I don't want to hurt you." But you don't want to be hurt, either, and that he might love you has all the potential to destroy you if he figures out that he doesn't.

”I thought if I knew I loved you, it would go away. And I thought, maybe, what you said about having a family… I thought that was you trying to rid me of that pain.”

"I don't...." But your voice trails as you try to figure out what it is you want to say and how to say it. "...there shouldn't be any question of if you do or if you don't." You don't mean for it to come out harsh, but you could think of no other way to say it. "I don't want you to hurt." You continued on, suddenly finding strength and fortitude in yourself as you continue to speak. "But I can't have a child with someone that doesn't know..." You sigh softly and you finally turn your head back in Knox's direction. "Either you do or you don't..."

---
flashback:

"Don't tell me what I see." You say before you can stop yourself, but Dovev is telling you that if you truly saw him that you'd never think he was your light. "You're wrong." You snort stubbornly. Knox has been there for you, protected you, listened to you, answered your questions, kept you company, and lifted you up when you felt your lowest. He was your best friend and the light that lit up darkness of your heart.

But he turns on you ... or Dovev does. You're not sure anymore because smoke suddenly clouds your vision and you blink your eyes to clear them .... but there is only darkness. "W-what...?" You stammer and you take a step backwards, your ears falling sideways in confusion. Over the patter of rain it is hard for you to hear Knox as he approaches. It isn't until you feel his breath on your flesh that you know he's there.

"What... what did you do to me?" You whisper, your voice meek and frightened as you blink your unseeing eyes. You turn your head, you muzzle reaching to touch Knox so you can anchor yourself because without your vision you feel as if you're floating. "...Knox?"

"."

aylin
healing hands of love like the stars shiny shiny from above

Messages In This Thread
Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: Family - by Knox - 08-22-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Family - by Aylin - 08-22-2015, 10:59 PM