the Rift

our solemn hour

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
Everything in my body quailed when I opened my eyes and saw where I stumbled across. What abomination was this? What devilish land had I found myself in? Perhaps, as my mother had warned me, I had be cast into the underworld as punishment for my sins. Had I not been faithful enough? Had I not done everything that I could with the curse that had been given me, shut away so that I might bring harm to others.

It had not been enough.

My golden eyes were wide, rimmed with white as I cast about looking at this place. In the morning light, it was worse than I had expected last night. The entire world had become sick, but that was too easy of an explanation - too much to hope. This was the underworld, where I would be judged for my sins. I hadn’t meant to have the magic that I did, did not mean to participate in my father’s idea of justice in the name of the king and the gods. But what could I do but what they had asked? Surely it had been holy work, the fact that it had left a pit in my stomach was a flaw on me, not on them.

And now! Now I was here. I could not remember if this was the place where my mother said she would find me, I didn’t know any of the lands outside of my home because I had never left. Could this sick, twisted flat area be something from my world? Which used to be bright and filled with flowers always.

My legs had stopped furiously pounding on the earth but my heart still raced as I looked around, still moving slowly along because I did not know what to do. It was quite by accident that I noticed what I fully thought was a body, a corpsed. It lay ahead of me - disgust and fear washing over me in an instant when I spotted it. But, no, the sides were moving. It was alive. Was it a friend? Or a demon? I don’t know where I found the courage to move closer, moving around so I could see the face. Perhaps my legs were just going through the motions at this point, so used were they to moving. “Excuse me.” My voice was little more than a squeak, high and soft and, like me, unfit for this hell. “Are… are… you alright?” I don’t really want it to speak in response, I want to move on and get away from the disgusting looking creature in case it was a demon, or something worse, but my legs finally stop and I am standing there in the murky atmosphere, trying not to cringe away or wrinkle my nose at the smell.  
lost in hell, my dear, but it's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

@Evaneska FINALLY HAPPENED

Messages In This Thread
our solemn hour - by Evaneska - 08-22-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Persephone - 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Evaneska - 08-30-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Persephone - 09-01-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Evaneska - 09-03-2015, 04:44 AM