the Rift

our solemn hour

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

In my darkest hours their words.. my words.. everyone's words echoed through my head. I wanted to scream. Shut up, shut up, shut up! Please! Let me be in piece. Leave me alone.. I can't do this anymore.

"You ungrateful brat!" No.. I wasn't trying to.. I just wanted to..

"You! You did this to us!" Please.. I didn't mean it.. I'm sorry.

"Weak! Pathetic! Stupid! Pitiful!" Their chants overwhelmed me. Again and again they berated me, tore me down. Within their voices I could hear my own: a piece of me who was even disgusted with my presence. An enemy to my own mind - Hah. I truly was a reject. I didn't belong anywhere. Even my own thoughts recognized this. I wanted to laugh at this yet cry at the same time.

A penny for my thoughts? No, no one would care to delve into my mind. Simply peering into my eyes was enough to see the amount I was worth.

Another voice. Am I alright? Of course not. What a silly question. It took a moment to recognize that this was a voice coming from the outside. Oh gods.. Shame and embarrassment made me want to shove my head into the sand coffin I was already buried in.

"O-Oh. I'm alright." A bitter smile that didn't reach my eyes attempted to mask my sorry features. It was easy to see how bruised I was on the outside, but I did not wish to spill out how broken I was on the inside. Especially to a mare so beautiful. Jealousy nipped at my chest.

"I have simply pushed myself too far passed my limits. I come from a land that was ravaged by war.." The screams.. the blood. All of the blood.. I could still smell and taste the metallic of the bright red liquid. "My name is Evaneska. I apologize if I have disturbed you."

Surely this mare was a princess. In this case I was the mere servant that showed be bowing at her hooves. However I forced myself up. Pain rushed through my entire body at the motions. I nearly fell back down, my knees buckling and crying out in distress. Somehow I managed to stay upright despite my weary muscles. My head dipped: whether in greeting or apologize even I didn't know.

@Persephone
ooc;// agh my thoughts are scattered and i'm not feeling the best BUT i'm sorry happy you replied i wanted to get something out for you. i should have waited to post i'm so sorry

Messages In This Thread
our solemn hour - by Evaneska - 08-22-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Persephone - 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Evaneska - 08-30-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Persephone - 09-01-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Evaneska - 09-03-2015, 04:44 AM