the Rift

our solemn hour

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
Persephone
The bitterness that radiated from from the mare in response to my question went over my head, I did not notice it - only felt relief that this dappled creature was alright. Wonderful! I did not know what I would have done if she responded with some sort of ailment that I would not have been able to fix. I did not heal things, that was not my curse. My coat, quiet until now, flickered with a low pulse of light before subsiding once more. Somewhere in this forsaken land, there were still lives being created.

The mare went on to explain that she had pushed herself for far too long. So… she wasn’t fine? This was all very confusing and I had only just begun this conversation. I didn’t want to touch her, most of my body was screaming at me to get away from this wretched looking thing, but I also felt a great swell of pity in me. Shouldn’t it be in me to care for others, to want to help them? There was a hesitation that made my cheeks burn before I moved a little closer, ready to help steady her if she should look like she was going to fall again.

“Ours too.” I whisper to her, finally responding to her words now that I’ve recovered my composure. I don’t want to think about that though, don’t want to think about where my parents might be, and I am sure that it is the same for her. How many other lands and homes had been destroyed?

“You did not disturb me at all, Evaneska. It is a pleasure to meet you.” This, this is what I know. The pleasantries and manners that had been drilled into me since I was a filly. I give a little bow, not a full one - for I did not know her status - but my head reclines regally to her while I keep watch for any sign that her legs might give out again. “My name is Cora.” My alias, protecting my identity, is my first nature now. I don’t even flinch - for that name is more of who I am than the one I was given at birth.

“Do you think we’re safe here?” After the introductions, my voice is soft again - frightened. She did not attack me when she first stood so I have deemed her a friend. I will trust whatever she says.

lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

@Evaneska

Messages In This Thread
our solemn hour - by Evaneska - 08-22-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Persephone - 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Evaneska - 08-30-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Persephone - 09-01-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: our solemn hour [open] - by Evaneska - 09-03-2015, 04:44 AM