the Rift

all our rags are worn

Kratos Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Dingo

Lazarus has got no dirt on me
and I'll rise to every occassion

Three years was a relatively short time, but the things I'd experienced in the Rift made it seem like a fucking lifetime.

Estanzia had turned corrupt the moment my parents had been placed upon its pedestal, only a years time before my birth; more than enough time to rile the citizens and turn them hostile. For you see, in Estanzia, the Gods had long been viewed as vile and cruel, cold and unforgiving, and in the past, those who even hinted at following a single one was quickly put to death. However, with the late King passed, the newly crowned pair - my parents - saw it fit to reign down their own beliefs; that the Gods were almighty, that it was they who ought to be put before every other living soul and worshipped, that everyones safety and hope of a contented life depended on it.

They had ushered in a time of riots, war, and death, a threat that had eventually been turned around and pointed at me.

That's when I'd met Jaeger, when I wasn't even yet a yearling. But that's a story for another time.

It was he whom I owed my life, for without him I would be long dead. It was he I followed now, every step of the way, trusting him to lead us to safety, though anywhere was better than the Hell that the Rift was becoming. It was he I called friend, him and only him, he I would do absolutely anything for.

But it was also he who was the most stubborn between us.

An exasperated exhale passed between my lips as we drew to a halt. We'd been moving for hours, our constant moving apparent by the way sweat clung to my hide, along with the muck and grime that had a stench potent enough to knock nearly anyone out. I looked to him through crystal blue eyes after taking a moment to catch my breath, straightened, jaw held firmly, and shook my head. "No." The words came stiffly, akin to a child whose opinion wouldn't easily be swayed. My eyes swept over my mentor's own body, and another sigh escaped. My lips were pulled taunt, expression stern. "I want to keep watch this time," I adjured, knowing that his elder would argue but more than ready to argue with him. "You need the rest more than I. If only for a couple hours..."

In a way that it did only in Jaeger's presence, my voice fell into something softer, almost desperate, imploring. "Please. Before you keel over."

"Talking talk here."

Messages In This Thread
all our rags are worn - by Jaeger - 08-25-2015, 01:38 AM
RE: all our rags are worn - by Kratos - 08-25-2015, 08:48 PM