the Rift

Take My Soul, I Don't Need It Anymore

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah
Ming Yue
Showing our pale light in the moonlight.
The ragged moon princess halted in her tracks after speaking to the empty air in an attempt for contact. She needed life, to touch it and speak with it and know that she wasn't alone. The Blood Falls was still the same, but the monumental crash was something supernatural and it caused her to believe that it wasn't quite the same. After all, the illness that had shrouded its terraria for so long, which had warped her once beautiful bodice into skin and bones, was no more. It had come back to life with an essence of invigoration, and Ming Yue knew for a fact that that was not at the daggers of a mere creature or pot luck.

And yet as she stood here, the cool fae clapped her pools upon a creature. He moved slowly and with a feeling of swooping hope inside her gut she knew that the creature coming towards her was one of her own. It came forth and Ming Yue realised with a calm smile that it was a brute, a young one at that. As he came into focus she realised that the stag was of a deep and dark charcoal with a hint of mud, his tassles charcoal with hints of golden. That continued into his cranium with markings underneath his right pool and right through to his daggers. He was a handsome thing. But then again, Ming Yue had become accustomed to the rogues with parts of their skulls lost to the earth and scars across all of their bodies. An unharmed creature with everything intact was a happy surprise for her.

And then he spoke.

Most lived, miss, though the Bear did not.

His politeness and the softness of his voice created a mist of warmth between the strangers, and the azure fae tipped her lobes towards the sound. His bodice was not difficult for her to see even in the darkness of the Falls: she had become an expert of the darkness of her homeland and she welcomed its dark light.
And word of the Bear which had terrorised the terraria in a second wave of bad fortune upon the land and its inhabitants gave her the tortored screams within memories she wanted to hide of the battle that ensued. But the thought that the Bear was slayed created a grim smile across her dark velveteens as she replied to the handsome creature,
"And hopefully it's soul was drawn out like poison from a wound." Her words were soft, and her dull eyes tinged with sadness as she remembered the blood and screams once more. But then she paused and remembered she was supposed to make a good impression if she was to remain with the stranger, and she tipped her cranium in greeting and spoke in a soft and deep voice once more, "Forgive me, I did not wish to sound vicious... I am Ming Yue and this is... well, this is my land. Or used to be."

Ming Yue did not know what would happen to her now. All she knew was that perhaps it was best she find purpose in her life. That is, once she had figured out where she was and what her life would entail in this new land.
image credits

@Rikyn

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Messages In This Thread
RE: Take My Soul, I Don't Need It Anymore - by Ming Yue - 09-02-2015, 01:56 PM